GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Automotive Custom Etune

Klrider44

Go Kart Champion
For COBB TC to function you have to have ESC OFF (not ESC Sport or ASR OFF). This is directly from Alex, as I had the same question on what setting the oem traction control has to be set for COBB TC to work.

Sorry for the stupid question but how do you fully disengage ESC to take advantage of the COBB TC?

Hoon

Autocross Champion
For COBB TC to function you have to have ESC OFF (not ESC Sport or ASR OFF). This is directly from Alex, as I had the same question on what setting the oem traction control has to be set for COBB TC to work.

TC off (short press) ESC Sport (long press).

ESC completely off (short press) and TC does not work on my car.

Last edited:

Joel

Ready to race!
Yep, coded with obdeleven. Long press till it chimes ECS off and my COBB TC works. Love it.

Navi

Autocross Champion
Sorry for the stupid question but how do you fully disengage ESC to take advantage of the COBB TC?

First you have to code with obd11 or ross cable or whatever you have to make this possible. There are two options you can code with. Short press ASR off, long press ESC off OR short press ESC Sport, long press ESC off. Then you long press so that ESC is off, and the COBB TC should take over control.

Klrider44

Go Kart Champion
First you have to code with obd11 or ross cable or whatever you have to make this possible. There are two options you can code with. Short press ASR off, long press ESC off OR short press ESC Sport, long press ESC off. Then you long press so that ESC is off, and the COBB TC should take over control.

Where can I find the coding for this? I have a VAGCOM cable

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
X1 works great[emoji41][emoji106]
Yep, coded with obdeleven. Long press till it chimes ECS off and my COBB TC works. Love it.

Sent from my Gavin Belson black box signature edition

Calubi

Ready to race!
Has anyone seen P0606 or U112E codes with a Stratified tune? Just saw them when I read engine codes with my second revision. No engine light, and car drives fine. P0606 seems to indicate a ECU fault, which is a bit concerning. Though if I flash to OTS stage0 the codes go away; and return immediately if I flash back to the Stratified tune.

Already sent an email to Alex, but just wanted to check with others here while I wait for a response.

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Has anyone seen P0606 or U112E codes with a Stratified tune? Just saw them when I read engine codes with my second revision. No engine light, and car drives fine. P0606 seems to indicate a ECU fault, which is a bit concerning. Though if I flash to OTS stage0 the codes go away; and return immediately if I flash back to the Stratified tune.

Already sent an email to Alex, but just wanted to check with others here while I wait for a response.
When you flash the strat file are you letting the ap clear codes? I know when the ap flashes a file it causes codes but it should clear them.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk

Calubi

Ready to race!
When you flash the strat file are you letting the ap clear codes? I know when the ap flashes a file it causes codes but it should clear them.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk

Yeah, it says it clears codes when you toggle the ignition off and on at the end of the flash. I also tried manually clearing the codes, but they just come back. It also kills cruise control; I just get a orange light where the cruise control MPH should be displayed. This does not occur with the OTS maps.

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
I'm gonna say that is not normal...

Sent from my Gavin Belson black box signature edition

Navi

Autocross Champion

I'm getting those codes also... which kills cruise control. I contacted Alex about it. He wants me to send him more info about the codes using vcds/ross cable when they come back. I cleared them like an idiot lol. When i was getting them my car would go into limp mode though. Maybe you should contact him and let him know. The more info for him the better.

Calubi

Ready to race!
I'm getting those codes also... which kills cruise control. I contacted Alex about it. He wants me to send him more info about the codes using vcds/ross cable when they come back. I cleared them like an idiot lol. When i was getting them my car would go into limp mode though. Maybe you should contact him and let him know. The more info for him the better.

Interesting; I'm glad I'm not the only one. :)

I did send him an email, but that was just this evening so I'm not expecting a response until Monday at the earliest. Good idea about collecting more information with VCDS. I'll try to get a dump tomorrow. The U112E code comes back instantly after a reflash; the P0606 code comes back after some driving time.

Calubi

Ready to race!
So this is interesting. I pulled the codes with VCDS, and they're different:

P1336 00 [044] - Control Limit Exceeded
U1123 00 [032] - Received Error Message

Switched back to the AP, and it still shows the codes as P0606 and U112E.

Is the AP just wrong? I'm wondering if the COBB DB of engine fault codes is corrupt. I would tend to trust VCDS more in this regard.

I cleared the fault codes with VCDS and they seem to be staying gone for now. I'll get some mileage later and see if they stay gone. Previously when I cleared the code with the AP it immediately came back.

Code:
2 Faults Found:

17183 - Engine Torque Monitor 
          P1336 00 [044] - Control Limit Exceeded
          Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 00000001
                    Fault Priority: 2
                    Fault Frequency: 2
                    Mileage: 52584 km
                    Date: 2018.10.20
                    Time: 16:23:50

Engine speed: 2827.00 /min
                    Normed load value: 24.3 %
                    Vehicle speed: 118 km/h
                    Coolant temperature: 98 °C
                    Intake air temperature: 12 °C
                    Ambient air pressure: 980 mbar
                    Voltage terminal 30: 14.316 V
                    Unlearning counter according OBD: 40
                    Engine: operating status: PL
                    STATE_LS_SAE[1]: CL
                    T_AST_SAE: 843 s
                    MAP_MES_SAE: 89 kPa
                    Lambda probe voltage: bank 1: probe 1 (broadband probe): 1.938 V
                    FAC_TPS_1_SAE: 24.609375 %
                    FUP_H_SAE: 16630.0 kPa

17178 - Databus 
          U1123 00 [032] - Received Error Message
          Intermittent - Not Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 00000001
                    Fault Priority: 6
                    Fault Frequency: 1
                    Mileage: 52569 km
                    Date: 2018.10.20
                    Time: 16:08:35

Engine speed: 0.00 /min
                    Normed load value: 0.0 %
                    Vehicle speed: 0 km/h
                    Coolant temperature: 35 °C
                    Intake air temperature: 29 °C
                    Ambient air pressure: 980 mbar
                    Voltage terminal 30: 12.382 V
                    Unlearning counter according OBD: 40
                    Drivetrain coordinator: ACC fault status-ACC is active despite EPB deceleration: No
                    Drivetrain coordinator: ACC fault status-ACC active: although TSK passive: No
                    Drivetrain coordinator: ACC fault status-Start off or stop request at stopping speed not set: No
                    Drivetrain coordinator: ACC fault status-Start off and stop request sent simultaneously: No
                    Drivetrain coordinator: ACC fault status-ACC active: although limiter active: No
                    Drivetrain coordinator: ACC fault status-ACC reactivates itself after locking: No
                    Drivetrain coordinator: ACC fault status-ACC sends undefined signals: No
                    Drivetrain coordinator: ACC fault status-ACC active although main switch off: No
                    Drivetrain coordinator: ACC fault status-ACC is active despite driver braking: No
                    Drivetrain coordinator: ACC fault status-ACC is active despite ESP/ASR passive sampling: No
                    Drivetrain coordinator: brake fault status-Deceleration sensor not available: No
                    Drivetrain coordinator: brake fault status-Deceleration sensor malfunction: No
                    Drivetrain coordinator: brake fault status-ESP system error: No
                    Drivetrain coordinator: brake fault status-ESP system malfunction due to inaccurate engine torque: No
                    Drivetrain coordinator: brake fault status-ESP indicates TSK message consistency error: No
                    Drivetrain coordinator: brake fault status-TSK/ESP handshake error: No
                    Drivetrain coordinator: brake fault status-ESP automatic engagement malfunction: No
                    Drivetrain coordinator: brake fault status-Brake light implausible: No

Readiness: 1000 0100

Navi

Autocross Champion
I would go with VCDS over Cobb. I haven't got the codes yet but when they do come back, I'll post. The codes I was getting before I cleared them were P060C and P0606/431F. This is from the Cobb AP. Both codes seem to be related to something with the engine control module.

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE