GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock or Tuned - Post Your Dyno Results!

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
That I knew. I meant for your most recent dyno numbers.
Ooooh. I’d say there was maybe 2-3 minutes in between pulls. The cooling was pretty damn good. Shop has these 4 bitch ass looking fans. But they really do blow hard as shit. After the second pull I touched the passenger side of the intercooler and then the driver side. I expected the driver side to be hot as shit. But no it was mild.

I’m sorry. I thought u were asking if all 3 of my numbers happened on the same day. In fact now that I remember, my second dyno happened in the winter. Ambient must have been maybe 25-30f

dmsyr

Ready to race!
Figured I'd post my numbers before I switch to EQT stage 2. Note that this was prior to me installing the ARM FMIC and charge pipes. I have also switched out the catless DP for a catted one. Also I should note that this particular dyno was NOT adjusted for elevation (5k+) so everyone who dyno'd that day were reading lower than expected.

For this Dyno, my first ever, I was running a BMS Elite intake system with inlet, Depo Racing catless downpipe, ECS DV spacer for some noise and 4 gallons of e85 topped off with 91 on a jb4 custom map6.

Mk7 GTI JB4 Map6 e30

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Figured I'd post my numbers before I switch to EQT stage 2. Note that this was prior to me installing the ARM FMIC and charge pipes. I have also switched out the catless DP for a catted one. Also I should note that this particular dyno was NOT adjusted for elevation (5k+) so everyone who dyno'd that day were reading lower than expected.

For this Dyno, my first ever, I was running a BMS Elite intake system with inlet, Depo Racing catless downpipe, ECS DV spacer for some noise and 4 gallons of e85 topped off with 91 on a jb4 custom map6.

Mk7 GTI JB4 Map6 e30
Good results but SAE means that its corrected, but atleast not pleb STD correction. 😄

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Yep you can see CF SAE 1.18. it's adding 18 percent to your numbers. Uncorrected around 275hp. I'm at 4300ft, I feel your pain.

dmsyr

Ready to race!
Good results but SAE means that its corrected, but atleast not pleb STD correction. 😄
Ah, I have no idea. I was just reporting what I was told.

dmsyr

Ready to race!
Yeah, yaint getting 320wheel with a JB4.
I dunno man, there was a big turbo mk7R that went on the rollers that day and only came out with around 370 on that dyno. Could be correct, could not be, I can't say for sure. Either way, I was surprised with the numbers and the car seems to run really well. I can keep up with cars I wasn't able to before which is nice. I've read nothing but good things about EQT which is why I'm waiting for the email with the tune. It's been 3 days, how long does that usually take? I assume they are swamped with orders.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Yeah, I had the exact same setup on E30 for about a year, I know how quick it is. :)

Big turbo on pump gas at elevation=sad dinosaur. Some of those "big turbos" are extremely inefficient and run out of wastegate pretty quick up there. Not surprised. Also, peak isn't everything. It probably made 370+ for a good chunk of the upper rpm band.

Hotfart

Ready to race!
2017 6MT GTI, Cobb 5150 E40 mix stage 1 tune (stock downpipe), Ebay G-Plus twintercooler, stock airbox mods with AFE dry filter, GFB DV+.

Was 105 degrees in the shop, so the operator said I'm probably down around 15-20 hp compared to a cool day. Will likely run it again this winter when it's cool out, just to see how much of a difference the ambient temps will make.

Trapped 109.5 mph at Heartland Park, so it seems fairly on point.

Attachments

• Dyno 06-19-2021, 26K, 105 degrees.jpg
    Dyno 06-19-2021, 26K, 105 degrees.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 217

Dalla GTI

Car(s)
2017 MK7 GTI dsg
2017 MK7 GTI DSG
Major Mod list:
3.5" rp uncatted downpipe and 3.5" mid pipe (local manufacturer).
AMS performance intercooler.
AMS performance Intake.
Snow performance water/meth kit stage 2.5
(25/75).
Custom tune.

Makes 320 hp and 385 tq.

Previous run was with unitronic stage 2 with cts turbo catted downpipe and without meth.

Made 296 hp and 342 tq.

Attachments

• PXL_20221108_114528815~2.jpg
    PXL_20221108_114528815~2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 67

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
2017 MK7 GTI DSG
Major Mod list:
3.5" rp uncatted downpipe and 3.5" mid pipe (local manufacturer).
AMS performance intercooler.
AMS performance Intake.
Snow performance water/meth kit stage 2.5
(25/75).
Custom tune.

Makes 320 hp and 385 tq.

Previous run was with unitronic stage 2 with cts turbo catted downpipe and without meth.

Made 296 hp and 342 tq.
Thats my old numbers before the IS38 swap. Similar mods except no water/meth.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
How are you liking the is38?
It a hoot, waiting to (hopefully) flash a spicier tune via OS tuning. With the Unitronic IS38 file, she is still quite spicy. I do run rich and I smell fuel bad every now and then at low rpm, plus I have knock going on (thanks Diggs for scouting that out, I didnt know). That has lead to me OS tuning where I am hoping a better tune will take advantage of my mods. Im gonna get a dragy and start sharing soon to see where I stand lol. For comparison, my buddy back home, his GTI is also IS38 swapped with a Wagner IC, and my car pulls away from him pretty good. We swapped cars to rule out driver error, but it was the same result. Weird huh ? I'm not saying his tune cuz it may hurt some feeling here lol. Both our cars are quite quick, just my car pulls on his, about 2 1/2 cars from a 40 roll to 100, no matter who was driving which GTI. His car is Southbend clutch, mine is ACT. Maybe that is the difference idk... we are both stumped lol.