GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2 dyno plots?

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Does anyone have a dyno plot of a GTI on Uni stage 2 on 91 oct?

I'm looking into classing for NASA TT next year, and hoping to make less than 260 WHP. I can't seem to find anyone else's dyno plots.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Does anyone have a dyno plot of a GTI on Uni stage 2 on 91 oct?

I'm looking into classing for NASA TT next year, and hoping to make less than 260 WHP. I can't seem to find anyone else's dyno plots.

You're not going to make less than 260 on Uni 91.

I made 87whp over stock (303whp) with Uni S2 on 93 with just an eBay DP and some worthless little intake mods. Dropping to 91 is not going to lose 43 whp.

You need a bullshit tune...maybe APR +?

Custom tune to meet these specific needs?

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
Yeah even most Stg1 tunes will likely make more than that.

A custom dyno tune will likely be what you want, that way you can have it dialed to the limits you want.

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
You're not going to make less than 260 on Uni 91.

I made 87whp over stock (303whp) with Uni S2 on 93 with just an eBay DP and some worthless little intake mods. Dropping to 91 is not going to lose 43 whp.

You need a bullshit tune...maybe APR +?

Custom tune to meet these specific needs?

Yeah, It's unfortunate. I was hoping maybe getting on a mustang dyno on a hot day and getting 5 heavy runs after some warm up might get me there. I could always add 500lb of ballast weight :rolleyes: or just run a class higher.

A custom tune might be the way to go...Or there's always going back to stock.

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
If I bump up a class I can run a rear diffuser, front splitter, bigger brakes, and 2 way coilovers as well...just more money to dump into it. The TT4 class is pretty fast too.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Yeah, It's unfortunate. I was hoping maybe getting on a mustang dyno on a hot day and getting 5 heavy runs after some warm up might get me there. I could always add 500lb of ballast weight :rolleyes: or just run a class higher.

A custom tune might be the way to go...Or there's always going back to stock.

If you're going to mess with the numbers, a mustang dyno can be made to say whatever you want it to say.

Dynojet can be manipulated via the weather station...throw some bags of ice on the weather station and dyno on a super hot day.

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
If you're going to mess with the numbers, a mustang dyno can be made to say whatever you want it to say.

Dynojet can be manipulated via the weather station...throw some bags of ice on the weather station and dyno on a super hot day.

Ha, no I don't want to manipulate reality. But competing on a 95* day after 3 laps the car pulls timing and definitely doesn't make 300whp+. After 6 laps it's down to 260 or so, based on the butt dyno. Intercooler helps, but oil getting hot is a joke. On a 75* day it's a different story entirely, and the car drives consistently. I drove in a couple DE with some TT4 and TT5 guys and while I was on par with the TT4 guys for a while, when things were getting warm and oil got past 270, the well setup TT5 cars were catching up.

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Go dyno at KC Maxx Performance on a day like Wednesday. They like to only give you 1 fan, leave the hood closed, and crank the AC to full while they do it. Ask me how I know. Bet you could get below 260.

Seems like a better stress test that way anyway. Not sure what benefit AC at full blast has, since when you go WOT AC cuts out.

Do you have any results from your runs there?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Seems like a better stress test that way anyway. Not sure what benefit AC at full blast has, since when you go WOT AC cuts out.

I logged the red run (1st one). IATs hit 160+.

Yes it cuts out, but it doesn't while they have it rolling which made one big heat sink on the front. Lost 5 degrees of timing vs street. It hit 9 degrees around 5kish and didn't go higher. All boost from there. Didn't log blue or green but they can't have fared better.

Hoon

Autocross Champion

Heat soaks the IC. Even though the compressor deactivates the heat doesn't instantly disappear.

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion

I logged the red run (1st one). IATs hit 160+.

Yes it cuts out, but it doesn't while they have it rolling which made one big heat sink on the front. Lost 5 degrees of timing vs street. It hit 9 degrees around 5kish and didn't go higher. All boost from there. Didn't log blue or green but they can't have fared better.

Man, that thing must be a rocket. That's not on the stock turbo, though right?

Heat soaks the IC. Even though the compressor deactivates the heat doesn't instantly disappear.

That would make perfect sense. I rarely touch dynos so I wasn't even thinking of the heatsoak from the car being stationary. In Grid I run the AC to run the fans before getting on track. It seems to help a bit, plus it keeps me from cooking (I'm eyeing a vented helmet for on track)