GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So I just bought a 2015 Golf R at Invoice - Good deal?

Invoice ($38,762) Good price?

• Hell yes, nice find!

Votes: 25 89.3%
  • No you're an idiot and could have gotten it for less in your area.

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Should have bought a Audi S3 instead for $10,000 more...

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Hey guys,

I'm pretty sure I got a pretty insane price for this R (DSG with DCC and Nav like they all are right now.) Every other dealer I called within 250 miles either didn't have one or said they had theirs marked up anywhere from $3000-$5000 over MSRP of $39,910. I paid $38,762. Do you think I got a good deal?

Considering the GTI I wanted was around $33,000 with the options I wanted, I figured why not to get an R. Its really everything I want in a car. Theres no other car I want until I get an R8 in probably 15-20 years.

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Honestly didn't really have a color choice. That was the only R this dealer got. I like the Blue but I think its a bit bright to own as my daily driver. I also liked the Limestone Gray and White. Seeing it now I do think Deep Black Pearl looks great. It won't be easy to keep clean but boy does it look amazing when it is clean. It makes everything that is black anyway look like it is part of the car better. I may end up putting on some brushed metal side mirror caps and maybe trying to trade someone for 18" Cadiz wheels because I think the 19s are a little large for the car.

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
I'm curious to know who thinks I could have gotten it for less in my area. Not annoyed, I would love to know how though.

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Does your pole not answer this question?

One person checked the box for that so all I'm asking is if they have an idea where I might have found a better deal since they think I could have gotten a better one in my area.

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
I agree with that.

Silus

Ready to race!
One person checked the box for that so all I'm asking is if they have an idea where I might have found a better deal since they think I could have gotten a better one in my area.
You could have created an option that said "hamburgers and oatmeal" and you would have still gotten at least one person to check it.

PGT

Ready to race!
I only found one less than MSRP (in Chicago) so there are dealers out there w/ one they're trying to move. The GM there called me again this morning and left a VM so they must really want to sell it at a similar price to your deal.

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Yes it shows in the picture on the license plate. Heh. In case you can't tell, it's Hanlees Hilltop VW in Richmond, CA. I wouldn't deal with them on anything other than buying. Even that has turned into a hayday. At least VW of America is taking care of me.