GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Smoking Tire REVO Stage 3 - GTI IS38 Swap Review

fullyswitched

Passed Driver's Ed
If fuel supply isn't an issue then the two remaining negatives I can think of are having to refuel at a rate equivalent to about every 7 or so gallons of gasoline (my tank tends to take about 10 gallons from idiot light to pump clicking off) Then there is matter of never knowing for sure what the concentration of ethanol is without a sensor which might require being more conservative with the tune.

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
If fuel supply isn't an issue then the two remaining negatives I can think of are having to refuel at a rate equivalent to about every 7 or so gallons of gasoline (my tank tends to take about 10 gallons from idiot light to pump clicking off) Then there is matter of never knowing for sure what the concentration of ethanol is without a sensor which might require being more conservative with the tune.

Here's a guide I wrote to get E47 but you can use the App for any combination:

Extra 1: How to mix ethanol guide

So at first I was really scared/confused about how ethanol mixing really worked but now I know that its easy as pie. Here's how you mix your first tank of E47...

Step 1: Let the car get below half a tank
Step 2: Add in 7.1 (Different on Mk7's) gallons of E85
Step 3: Top off the tank with 93/91 octane gas

Now you have E47.

Your preceding tanks take a bit more work but barely. Download an app called "E85 Mix Calculator". Our fuel tank is 14.5 gallons large. So basically you just estimate how much you have left in your tank and let the calculator do the rest, it's easy! Below is a picture of it in action.

Really it's easy. Tunes are conservative anyway to account for differences in pump gas, but Id rather have a conservative tune for 105 octane with massive cooling and knock resistance than a conservative tune for 93 octane.

Mr.boles

Ready to race!

Extra 1: How to mix ethanol guide

So at first I was really scared/confused about how ethanol mixing really worked but now I know that its easy as pie. Here's how you mix your first tank of E47...

Step 1: Let the car get below half a tank
Step 2: Add in 7.1 (Different on Mk7's) gallons of E85
Step 3: Top off the tank with 93/91 octane gas

Now you have E47.

Your preceding tanks take a bit more work but barely. Download an app called "E85 Mix Calculator". Our fuel tank is 14.5 gallons large. So basically you just estimate how much you have left in your tank and let the calculator do the rest, it's easy! Below is a picture of it in action.

Really it's easy. Tunes are conservative anyway to account for differences in pump gas, but Id rather have a conservative tune for 105 octane with massive cooling and knock resistance than a conservative tune for 93 octane.

This is great but you can't be 100% sure the e85 at your pump is truly 85% Ethanol it can vary pump to pump and then their winter and summer blends that can very the percentage of Ethanol also. Don't get me wrong I'm all for blending the corn juice but the only truly accurate way to know you're putting in e47 in your tank is with a hydrometer or a flex fuel sensor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris@Revo USA1

Ready to race!
Using this as an example not calling you out or picking on you by quoting, but my response is not going to be sugar coated either ;)

This is basically while we currently are not even discussing E85 at the moment. Some people want straight E85 all the time, some people want a 50/50 blend with 87 to save money but get more octane. Some people want to run it monday but not tuesday but then maybe thursday again.

Too many variables and unfortunately people don't take no from us. If we did E85 suddenly despite never claiming we were going to but then don't offer someone a midway point of E47 they will go post all over the internet about us having "bad customer service". Not offering a product you never claimed you would offer is not bad customer service. Ford doesn't have bad customer service since they won't build you a Camaro.

One day we may look into it, that day may be sooner than later it may not be. Right now it is not being discussed other than to determine that resource wise and our global reach it would not be a profitable venture. We are glad other people are exploring it, the fuel is interesting and I personally am not against it. Just right now doesn't fit into our plan.