GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Smoking Tire REVO Stage 3 - GTI IS38 Swap Review

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
If you look at the REVO site they claim to have a low boost tune for the IS38, that is interesting I wonder if it applies to Stage 2 and is switchable via the serial switch they have.

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
If you look at the REVO site they claim to have a low boost tune for the IS38, that is interesting I wonder if it applies to Stage 2 and is switchable via the serial switch they have.

No idea. Worth checking out. I think I'm honestly just gonna throw down the money for a Haus of Dub clutch Kit. It's fairly cheap and I just don't want to have to worry in the future if I want to go past Stage 2 or IS38. It seems so simple now that you can just run the IS38 on JB1

joegyver

Passed Driver's Ed
I came across that vid yesterday too. I can't believe they chose to do this on a non performance pack car. I still kick myself for not waiting for the PP to be available, keep hoping to see a post about retro-fit, lol. Good review-

Revo Sean

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the kind words folks! We had a blast hosting The Smoking Tire. Glad everyone is enjoying the vids as much as we enjoyed putting them together.

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the kind words folks! We had a blast hosting The Smoking Tire. Glad everyone is enjoying the vids as much as we enjoyed putting them together.

Can you comment on how the SPS switch works and what files are available using that switcher?

Chris@Revo USA1

Ready to race!
Can you comment on how the SPS switch works and what files are available using that switcher?

The SPS for this application allows you to switch between different octane modes specific to that level of tune/stage. So a stage 1 tune can switch between stock like power, 91 octane, 93 octane and 100 octane and stage 2 would do the same in the American regions

What we have started to do on some stage 3 applications since stock mode is kind of pointless is put a low power but not exactly stock mode in it's place.

In some regions where race fuel is not readily available instead of a 100 octane race fuel mode anti theft would take its place in that position. For North and South America the race fuel mode is requested much more frequently so we opted to retain that over the anti theft mode.

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
Well for us people in the Detroit area 93, 110 race fuel, and E85 is everywhere.

Any plans for E85 at this time?

Chris@Revo USA1

Ready to race!
Well for us people in the Detroit area 93, 110 race fuel, and E85 is everywhere.

Any plans for E85 at this time?

Currently E85 is not being discussed. 110 is rare and often leaded whereas 100 is almost always available to people and unleaded so it is a safer option for the majority of users and what we tune for.

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
Currently E85 is not being discussed. 110 is rare and often leaded whereas 100 is almost always available to people and unleaded so it is a safer option for the majority of users and what we tune for.

I'll just comment saying that as a customer, I am looking for a tuner that works with E85. I'm sure I am not alone. I understand why some tuners don't feel it will be worth it, but it is a big selling point for people like me.