GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

*sigh*... Any mechanics out there who do body work have an opinion?

markyMK7

Nothing underneath the hood is damaged, it is all cosmetic. The hood, the headlight and the honeycomb trim is smashed/dented. :(

Anyone out there want to give me their opinions on a very very rough estimate? Thoughts are welcome

Pyramid1

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm not a body shop guy, but..
since you don't have the LP, I'm gonna guess $250-$300 for the headlight (still over priced) and around $150 for a new grille. I have no idea on the hood, and it may take a while to get one since the factory seems to perpetually be behind on meeting demand..

So...how did that happen?

BrianfCheng1

Ready to race!
I have a non LP right headlight for you if you're interested. I replaced it with Ed's HID with less than 2000 miles of usage.

PM me if interested.

ohsnapzombies1

Ready to race!
I'm not a body shop guy, but..
since you don't have the LP, I'm gonna guess $250-$300 for the headlight (still over priced) and around $150 for a new grille. I have no idea on the hood, and it may take a while to get one since the factory seems to perpetually be behind on meeting demand..

So...how did that happen?

I have an OEM grill for sale! Right Here!

miko427

Passed Driver's Ed
So I'm the office manager of a body shop in Los Angeles, CA, USA. Any reputable body shop would definitely replace the hood, obviously replace the headlight, replace the grille, and anything beyond that requires a thorough teardown to diagnose, but I suspect there isn't much else. Of course the emission label and what have you on the hood also need to be replaced. The fenders MAY need to be blended, but that depends on the painter's skill and/or available paint matching equipment to match the paint. Tornado red is a non-metallic, so matching shouldn't be too difficult, but red is always a multistage job (due to the inherent opacity of red toner). Depending on part prices, this will probably be in the neighborhood of $1000-$1500 USD. Also, chances are used parts aren't yet available for the MK7 GTI (in the US at least), so you'll be getting all new OEM parts. If you'd like a free written estimate from a fellow GTI owner (pretty much same car basically) stop by, we're in Burbank. Check us out on Yelp, Victory Auto Body & Paint!

Also, if you go through insurance, mention our Yelp ad and we'll knock off 10% off your insurance deductible.

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Sorry to see that.

With many members having OEM headlights sitting in their garage as they have swapped for Ed's lights the headlight should be reasonably priced.

A decent shop will be able to pound the dent out, bondo, paint. With the paint being new it will be easy to match.

MachineAge

For an LA body shop I've used Auto-Tech three times and each time they've been excellent.

Auto Tech Collision Center
1116 W Washington Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90015