GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Secondary Air Intake (SAI) Delete?

Pingers

Ready to race!
Old drag racers always say 100lbs is a tenth of a second in the 1/4. Only 97 more to go! Lol I've lost 20 and counting, so the car has to do some of the work lol.

Congrats man! That's incredible. :D

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
I don't think R's have it, but they have the hose that runs into the top of the air filter housing. I don't recall researching it, so what is that hose for anyway?

The little vacuum line that connects to the CAI? I was told a while back that it is for the runner flaps, but I have no idea if that's true. Seems like no one really knows what it's for. :confused:

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Anyone find block off plates for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
It’s simple to tune out the codes so you don’t get a CEL, there are 3 codes that result from removing the pump. My local shop has fit/pressed a bearing or something like that into the slot to delete it before, or I’d think by now there should be block off plates.

Currently I now technically have a built ported/polished Golf R head with no SAI from Precision Raceworks. We just tuned out the codes so I don’t get a CEL from it.

draza74

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
17 GTI
iirc I need to remove mine to install my Spage Splitter..
Atleast that's what Zac Ross told me. He couldn't remember if it needed to be removed to be able to install the splitter mounts.

wlfpck

Ready to race!
It’s simple to tune out the codes so you don’t get a CEL, there are 3 codes that result from removing the pump. My local shop has fit/pressed a bearing or something like that into the slot to delete it before, or I’d think by now there should be block off plates.

Currently I now technically have a built ported/polished Golf R head with no SAI from Precision Raceworks. We just tuned out the codes so I don’t get a CEL from it.

When you say tune it out... are you talking about tuning it out using say a Cobb Accessport? Or tune it out by say using OBDII and disabling the SAI somewhere in there?

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Yeah sorry, should've specified. Through Eurodyne Maestro, to be exact. I'm clueless on everything else.

nkresho

suck, squish, bang, blow
Car(s)
2022 Q3
any ideas if obd2 emissions testing will pass with eurodyne's CEL turned off?

I replaced my sai valve before last year's emissions test (had a cel then) and luckily the cel went away for a little bit, but came back a month or so later.

I got tired of the code coming and going so I turned it off.

inspection time is coming up though and I am pretty sure I need to replace the sai pump this time to get the code to permanently go away.

Does anyone have experience passing emissions with the cel just turned off in maestro?

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
This is a great question actually. I'm not sure it'll pass because SAI is now "not ready" in the readiness monitors. Even though no CEL, at least here in Dallas, I think you're only allowed 1 "not ready"... something like that. And the catalyst is already "not ready" from tuning.