GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Save your stock flywheel - 6mt owners

LeGti

Ready to race!
[...]
I'm going to be 40 years old this year and I know the chatter of a SMFW would drive me nuts.

I hear you. 41 myself and hated the SPEC smfw chatter I had on a HPA FT450 3.2Vr6 with VF hard engine mounts. Want to keep my Gti civilised...

But at 15 K miles, I can actually hear my dmfw. I hear it "click" upon engagement from a standstill: bet the springs are already shot... Not sure the dmfw will suffice for my style of poor driving ;-)

StopSweatinMe

Ready to race!
Can anyone confirm weather or not the 2016's have the delay valve from the factory? I've been driving stick for 23 years and I swear the clutch feels weird.

I can't confirm it 100%, but it's been in every GTi for the past 10 years. So, I'd bet 50% of my left gonad that it's in there. :D

RedReplicant

Ready to race!
But at 15 K miles, I can actually hear my dmfw. I hear it "click" upon engagement from a standstill: bet the springs are already shot... Not sure the dmfw will suffice for my style of poor driving ;-)
Mine has clicked on engagement since new.

Can anyone confirm weather or not the 2016's have the delay valve from the factory? I've been driving stick for 23 years and I swear the clutch feels weird.

I can confirm it. There is a thread that shows you how to remove it.