GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SAI delete?

draza74

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
17 GTI
So to be able to install my chassis mount splitter I needed to remove my SAI pump.
So I did.
Now I have a tube going from the valve to basically nowhere in the engine bay.
So long as I put some mesh over it I should be fine.. right?
As far as i'm aware since i'm catless and don't care about the CEL I should be good but I want to be sure there wasn't any potential unknown issues from this

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Other than a CEL I can't see why it's a problem. SAI is only for preheating the cat that you don't have.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Other than a CEL I can't see why it's a problem. SAI is only for preheating the cat that you don't have.
Well thats half true. But the point of SAI is just emissions related. You can put a small filter over the end and zip tie it somewhere and all should be good.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
I know theres a company who makes a block off plate for the sai as well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200724-222618_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200724-222618_Samsung Internet.jpg
    825.2 KB · Views: 323

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti

Ecapskcab

Ready to race!
Car(s)
15 Mk7 GTI
Way more work than it's worth. Id rather roll with cel. Esp since i'm catless and it's doing absolutely nothing for my car.
And hell, weight loss too I guess.
Question:

My engine builder wouldn't do a R motor because it didn't have SAI (UK). Without the SAI is there any other issues to look for? If it is as simple as coding it out, may not be the worst idea? A heck of a lot cheaper doing an engine swap opposed to a rebuild.

draza74

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
17 GTI
Question:

My engine builder wouldn't do a R motor because it didn't have SAI (UK). Without the SAI is there any other issues to look for? If it is as simple as coding it out, may not be the worst idea? A heck of a lot cheaper doing an engine swap opposed to a rebuild.
You don't need an SAI, it's only there to help with emissions on cold start. And that's if you have a cat convert.
Also, you shouldn't need to code something like that out on the R if it didn't come with it in the first place.

RecycledDonuts

Ready to race!
I know theres a company who makes a block off plate for the sai as well.
Bruh.....looks like my counter.... Yep, my counter and photo. Haha.