GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sachs Racing Clutch vs Southbend Stage 3 Daily

Ghawkins

Ready to race!
Thats an interesting set up he compiled. Its simply a sachs disc. Ttrs pressure plate as the 2 main components. I wonder how much the ttrs plate is rated for? Been trying to google that to no avail
Sachs rates this clutch at 405 ft. lbs torque.

Jlungo

Ready to race!

smoriarty

Passed Driver's Ed
Isnt the sre stage 1 set to 405+?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

no, stage 1 is usually around 320-380ft lbs depending on tune.

Jlungo

Ready to race!
no, stage 1 is usually around 320-380ft lbs depending on tune.
Not talking about the tune. Talking about what the SRE stage 1 clutch is rated to handle

Jlungo

Ready to race!
Up to is38 tune
That concerns me because I am runnimg the is38 on my gti and wanted something that went well past what im touching to give me some security

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
That concerns me because I am runnimg the is38 on my gti and wanted something that went well past what im touching to give me some security

My understanding for the 405 torque rating is at a constant run and rated at that for the long term. I've heard that the actual clamping force can handle over 450 ft lbs.

I won't be launching my car, so I won't have to worry about that nor am I going over Stage 1.

My car is getting a ton of work done right now. We're having an issue with the brand new replacement transmission so it's holding things up at the moment. They had to pull out the new transmission and pull it apart again to see if there is an issue. They found something and are in the process of fixing it. I'm doing a Peloquin LSD right away too.

Jlungo

Ready to race!
My understanding for the 405 torque rating is at a constant run and rated at that for the long term. I've heard that the actual clamping force can handle over 450 ft lbs.

I won't be launching my car, so I won't have to worry about that nor am I going over Stage 1.

My car is getting a ton of work done right now. We're having an issue with the brand new replacement transmission so it's holding things up at the moment. They had to pull out the new transmission and pull it apart again to see if there is an issue. They found something and are in the process of fixing it. I'm doing a Peloquin LSD right away too.
Yes it was you doing the pelo diff. I was trying to remember. Is it your stock trans that is the issue right now?

Jlungo

Ready to race!
Well the 550nm+ is the same as 405ftlbs+.

Jlungo

Ready to race!
Think i have elminated southbend and the whole smfw notion based on the fact that i dont want more chatter and wear on the transmission. The dampening on the dmfw will make a daily more comfortable and still get the performance needed with the higher rated kits

Universal_Remonster

Ready to race!
Think i have elminated southbend and the whole smfw notion based on the fact that i dont want more chatter and wear on the transmission. The dampening on the dmfw will make a daily more comfortable and still get the performance needed with the higher rated kits

Wise decision. The SRE and the DIY TTRS seem to be the way to go.

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion