GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RS3 Brake Deflectors

drrck

Go Kart Champion
Delivered to me from our friends at e-acca for a whopping $37 USD I took the chance on a set of brake deflectors. For the price I thought it worth the gamble.

8V0407811 / Luftführung (Air Guide - Left) - 12.19 USD
8V0407812 / Luftführung (Air Guide - Right) - 12.19 USD

13.96 Shipping to USA
You may have seen some DIY modifications of the GT2 deflectors as well as some from the TTRS. Both of those mods require some trimming. These are truly a "bolt-on" (zip-tie on) solution.

There are three locations for zip-ties molded into the parts. Fitment is pretty straightforward in that you need to align the tab farthest from the wheel into the hole on the control arm shown below.

Click any of the images for enlarged versions.

Where we are headed:

Hole where tab goes:

Mount it like so:

You can see the new part lines up nicely with the underbody aero lines:

Install was super easy, they don't stick down that far so I don't expect DD road hazards to be an issue, nor ice/snow in winter. I'll let everyone know if my brakes feel any cooler after my first track day, but they should help some.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
where do you have your jack? I usually use the pinch wields but your solutions seems much better...also im gonna order these asap

drrck

Go Kart Champion

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Jack is on the pinch welds but I always put a jack stand on the dimple where the big subframe bolt is. I like two points of contact when getting under the car.

This post shows where I usually support the car.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showpost.php?p=234359&postcount=17

so its super funny now. But i was looking at the first photo where you circled green. my focus was directly in that area, so somehow i thought you had that jack all the way under to the subframe. Didn't even see the legs of the jack stand :p

drrck

Go Kart Champion
so its super funny now. But i was looking at the first photo where you circled green. my focus was directly in that area, so somehow i thought you had that jack all the way under to the subframe. Didn't even see the legs of the jack stand :p

If I had a low profile jack I think I could make it all the way in there, but I've got a heavy beast that is far from low-profile :)

DAS_STIG

Banned
How wide are the zip tie grooves? Just ordered a pair of these vents and wondering what the strongest zip tie I can use is.

drrck

Go Kart Champion
How wide are the zip tie grooves? Just ordered a pair of these vents and wondering what the strongest zip tie I can use is.

3/8 - 1/2" of an inch maybe? Not that wide but wide enough. The air guides are going to shatter before the zip ties would let go. Zip ties provided are much stronger than the plastic the part is made from.

DAS_STIG

Banned
3/8 - 1/2" of an inch maybe? Not that wide but wide enough. The air guides are going to shatter before the zip ties would let go. Zip ties provided are much stronger than the plastic the part is made from.

Oh zip ties are provided? Well that makes it easy, thanks. Ordered a set of these guides from e-ACCA. Hopefully shipping won't be too long.

tripleS

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
15 GTI PP \ 16 GT4
Nice! I'd get these in a heartbeat over the TTRS air deflectors which are alot more pricey and not easy to install. Good find.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Delivered to me from our friends at e-acca for a whopping $37 USD I took the chance on a set of brake deflectors. For the price I thought it worth the gamble.

8V0407811 / Luftführung (Air Guide - Left) - 12.19 USD
8V0407812 / Luftführung (Air Guide - Right) - 12.19 USD

13.96 Shipping to USA
You may have seen some DIY modifications of the GT2 deflectors as well as some from the TTRS. Both of those mods require some trimming. These are truly a "bolt-on" (zip-tie on) solution.

There are three locations for zip-ties molded into the parts. Fitment is pretty straightforward in that you need to align the tab farthest from the wheel into the hole on the control arm shown below.

Click any of the images for enlarged versions.

Where we are headed:

Hole where tab goes:

Mount it like so:

You can see the new part lines up nicely with the underbody aero lines:

Install was super easy, they don't stick down that far so I don't expect DD road hazards to be an issue, nor ice/snow in winter. I'll let everyone know if my brakes feel any cooler after my first track day, but they should help some.

Quick question. How long do these take to ship from Sweden?
They are back ordered from my local Audi dealer but I can get them by Thursday. In time to get them mounted for my trip to VIR on Sunday.
These are a deal for $37 shipped. Dealer quoted me $52. WTF???

drrck

Go Kart Champion
Ordered: 19-Feb
Shipped: 28-Feb
Recieved: 12-Mar

So give or take a month start to finish. Once shipped I saw ~2 weeks of transit time before delivery.

e-acca will ship from Lativa, not Sweden.