GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RS3 Brake Deflectors

DAS_STIG

Banned
http://e-acca.com/

P/Ns are in the first post as well. You can order them from an Audi dealer but the price will be double most likely.

This. Super cheap, quick shipping (would say this even if they were local, but considering it's overseas it was great shipping time).

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
http://e-acca.com/

P/Ns are in the first post as well. You can order them from an Audi dealer but the price will be double most likely.

$54ea from my local Audi dealer. They will not match ECS Tuning as one has to come from Germany. The first set I ordered got put onto a Customers RS3. WTF! Not sure how that happened. I got a BS excuse and didn’t have them for VIR.

Placed my order with e-acca. Half the price and they have to come from halfway round the world.

So I have a question: even after switching ESC off by holding the button for 10-seconds, I’m still feeling the brakes/ESC intervening. Part of it is trail braking into the apex and lifting my inside rear tire. Taking curb also gets the wheels off the ground and is the biggest culprit. My first session at VIR I brainfarted and forgot to switch ESC off and that absolutely smoked the brakes on track.

drrck

Go Kart Champion
There are a few other tweaks that still are active when ESC is "Off". The VAQ is still on, and XDS is working at some level unless you completely disabled it.

There are a few parameters in ABS on straightline braking, some related to panic stop brake thresholds (70% application of brake force leads to 100% application by ABS as it thinks you are in an accident). ESC Sport will eat the rear brakes in short order, can confirm ;)

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
I have not gotten into any ECU parameter changes. I need to get a better understanding of what the various brake related systems do.

I want to set the VAQ diff to lock up faster for better drive out of corners.

So what are the recommended ECU related parameter changes needed for the track?

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
You are correct.

This is how you keep your stock PP brakes from burning up on the track. The deflectors extend the life of pads and rotors and help reduce fade.

The other part of this puzzle is reducing/stopping the nannies from activating the brakes unnecessarily. I had the paint burning off my new rotors and pads after forgetting to switch off ESC at VIR. This is a factor when driving hard on track. Using the curbs to straighten corners is a factor as wheels get airborne triggering ESC.

For those wanting to extend the performance of PP brakes will need to make the right VAQ and ESC changes for road course use.

I’ve only read ESC mods for drag racing. Road course is a very different application with its own set of challenges. My question is valid for seeking improved traction as it has an impact on brake performance. Brake deflectors for track work are only one piece of the puzzle. I appreciate this post as it is an easy, simple and inexpensive brake mod.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
You are correct.

This is how you keep your stock PP brakes from burning up on the track. The deflectors extend the life of pads and rotors and help reduce fade.

The other part of this puzzle is reducing/stopping the nannies from activating the brakes unnecessarily. I had the paint burning off my new rotors and pads after forgetting to switch off ESC at VIR. This is a factor when driving hard on track. Using the curbs to straighten corners is a factor as wheels get airborne triggering ESC.

For those wanting to extend the performance of PP brakes will need to make the right VAQ and ESC changes for road course use.

I’ve only read ESC mods for drag racing. Road course is a very different application with its own set of challenges. My question is valid for seeking improved traction as it has an impact on brake performance. Brake deflectors for track work are only one piece of the puzzle. I appreciate this post as it is an easy, simple and inexpensive brake mod.
Hi there. I have the torque limiter set to of and xds off on my pp. Esc off enabled. Can be done in obd11 or vagcom. Makes a huge difference in control and feel. LSD does a great job.

Ferodo ds2500 is what i use for pads. Multiple circuits, lots of fun

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Thanks for the input.

I need to make the electronic adjustments before I go to the track again. My Air deflectors are en route. I will put new temp strips on my calipers to see what difference they make.

I’m on Pagids. They are easy to modulate and are not aggressive.

I’m an iOS guy so OBD11 is not available to me. So it looks as though vagcom is the way I need to go unless someone recommends something different.

Th3KAS

For those who have these installed, did you remove the brake dust shields or keep them on? I’d imagine that the ducts are far more effective with the dust shields removed.

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
For those who have these installed, did you remove the brake dust shields or keep them on? I’d imagine that the ducts are far more effective with the dust shields removed.

No..
Agree - If you remove them it will increase cooling. I use my Golf R in the winter on salty roads so I want to keep the shields. When I replaced the front discs I have a slight memory that they were just fastened with a couple of screws from outside.

/Peter