GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RjRacing's 381whp 15' PP GTI S DSG LP w/15K miles

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
Time has come to get a larger vehicle for a daily driver because of my growing family. The car was custom ordered and it's a very rare combo with the Performance Package S model 4dr with LP. This build has been a blast to put together and I have spared no expense while doing so. It has been meticulously maintained and never thrown a code or had any major issues last year and a half that I have owned it. I go above and beyond in maintenance on my cars too... I have changed the oil every 5K miles with top shelf full synthetics, had the dealer flush the DSG fluid @ 10k miles just to keep things fresh, changed the spark plugs every 5-6K miles and always go out of my way to use top-tiered fuel. There is NOTHING wrong with the car, it still maintains its full bumper to bumper warranty thanks to a local tuner friendly dealership (not TD1 flagged) and would pass any inspection/emissions test they way it is right now.

The car was built as a daily driver that could double as a fun weekend toy for track or auto-x work, unfortunately I didn't make it out to many events in this car because shortly after I finished most of my mods my wife got pregnant again and had many complications during her term. It makes 381whp/391wtq on 93oct and has run 12.5@117mph on street tires with full weight (spare tire, full tank of gas... etc), but this is with traction control interference as I have pulled on cars that trap 120mph. What's crazy is that it still gets well over 30MPG, is very quiet and drives through traffic like a champ in the hot summer heat.

Here is a list of the mods:

Engine/Powertrain:
-IS38 Turbo installed (S3/Golf R unit)
-APR Stage 2+ IS38 93oct Tune
-APR DSG TCU Tune matching turbo software
-APR Carbon Fiber Intake w/ grille cut-outs
-APR Oil Catch-Can
-APR Turbo Muffler
-APR Boost Tap
-APR tapered boost hoses
-AWE Touring Exhaust w/ black tips
-USP SS Downpipe w/ cat and custom resonator
-USP DSG Cooling filter housing w/ SS high flow DSG filter
-Forge Diverter Valve
-Forge Twintercooler
-Golf R FMIC upgrade
-Spulen Intake/Boost/Throttle Pipes
-034 Motorsports Torque Mount insert
-Fluidampr Crank Pulley

Wheels/Suspension/Brakes:
-Bilstein B14 Adjustable Coilovers
-18x8.5 Enkei RS05RR ET45 (only 18lbs ea) w/ 5MM spacers in the rear
-StopTech ST41 355mm BBK w/ 2pc rotors and street/race pad compound
-Wheel Stud conversion kit with forged aluminum lug nuts
-245/40-18 Dunlop Direzza ZII Star Spec's
-OEM 18" wheels and 235/40 Michelin AS3 (winter setup)
-Neuspeed 25MM Rear Sway Bar
-Neuspeed Bearing End-Links
-Motul racing brake fluid

Cosmetic/Lighting/Interior:
-OEM Euro spec. Golf R LED Taillights
-Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser
-Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps
-Custom 3M Vinyl Roof Wrap
-SRS-Tec rear spoiler lip
-Maxton Front lip/Spliter
-3M 20% tint on all windows and 5% eyebrow
-Custom LaminX tint over amber in headlights
-Black/Red GTI fender emblems
-Blue tinted Aspherical side mirrors
-VW roof rack, Thule wind guide and Snowboard rack
-deAutoKey LED tag and reverse lights
-BadgeSkin gloss black front and rear VW emblem decals
-GTI Monster Mats
-Weathertech Trunk tray
-ProClip phone mount
-P3 Digital Vent Gauge Red/White
-S2T Black Aluminum DSG Shift Paddels
-Forge Washer Cap
-Aluminum Dipstick handle

VAGCOM Tweaks:
-ESC off
-Sound actuator off
-Windows down w/ remote
-CF Display Background
-Black Ice warning changed

I also have every single stock part that will be included with the sale too... so bring another car or truck to load it all into lol. The Dunlop tires on the Enkei's have about 40% tread life and are starting to get a little noisy as all performance tires do when they get low on tread, but the Michelins AS3's on the OE wheels are brand new with less than 1000 miles on them.

I still owe some money on the car but I'm not upside down on it. I would prefer to sell the car as-is to someone that will really enjoy the car as I have built it but if it doesn't sell in the next month or so, I'll just part it out. If you were looking to replicate this build with a new stock PP GTI it would cost you $45-50K with labor. I am willing to sell the car as-is with everything for $28,000, which is less than you can buy this car new for.

Some pics...

Last edited:

TheJakofallTrads

Car-less
Car(s)
Audi RS3
Man, this was one of the most exciting early builds on this site or Vortex. Congrats on the growing family and this is a great deal for anyone who wants a built car with some really choice parts.

One thing, don't sell yourself short on those Bilsteins, you have the B16's, not 14's. GLWS.

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
Thanks guys! I can't even find any PP cars on the used market to price compare to as well. I figure you can buy a regular GTI used with these options and mileage for around $22K+ right now, plus performance package and $15k+ in mods... seems like a deal to me! :D

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
Man, this was one of the most exciting early builds on this site or Vortex. Congrats on the growing family and this is a great deal for anyone who wants a built car with some really choice parts.

One thing, don't sell yourself short on those Bilsteins, you have the B16's, not 14's. GLWS.

Thanks bud! I swapped out the B16 for 14's after two of the shock blew last fall... Bilstein was great to work with too BTW!

georgiatechME

Ready to race!
Hi RjRacing, I'm excited for you but I'm sad to see you leave the MK7 community. I've been a fan of your build for a long time! I'm forwarding this post to friends in the area. I've also sent you a PM my friend, thank you!

(oz)

Passed Driver's Ed
Having been fortunate enough to get a ride in this car, whoever ends up with it will be very happy!

RjRacing, slammed wagon time?

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
Thanks guys! I'm going to get another truck for now... and then get an MK8 R when it comes out :D

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for all the kind words guys! I really do love this car and the VW community as a whole. :thumbup::beer::beer::beer:

I have a few people interested in purchasing it, but no money has been offered quite yet. I am in no rush to sell the car either, I just put a deposit down to hold my spot on a waiting list for truck that won't be released until October (at the earliest). A few of the best VW shows in the nation are coming up soon too. But I don't mind selling the car right now either as it would free up some funds and parking space, my driveway/garage is pretty full as is with 3 other vehicles lol.

Norsk982

Ready to race!
Thanks for all the kind words guys! I really do love this car and the VW community as a whole. :thumbup::beer::beer::beer:

I have a few people interested in purchasing it, but no money has been offered quite yet. I am in no rush to sell the car either, I just put a deposit down to hold my spot on a waiting list for truck that won't be released until October (at the earliest). A few of the best VW shows in the nation are coming up soon too. But I don't mind selling the car right now either as it would free up some funds and parking space, my driveway/garage is pretty full as is with 3 other vehicles lol.

What kind of truck?