GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Revo lower dogbone puck review, after one month of use

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
I believe that DAP link is just a stock replacement. As for the Revo tool, mine didn't come with that, just the puck and new bolt. Not 100% sure, but I think they no longer come with the tool.

Copy that on the stock replacement. Do you know who sells the Revo puck? All I can find are the kits with the useless tool!

Hotfart

Ready to race!
Copy that on the stock replacement. Do you know who sells the Revo puck? All I can find are the kits with the useless tool!

Unfortunately I don't know who currently has them in stock. A couple weeks back, the Revo rep told me that more were being shipped over from the UK, so I'd guess that they'd be showing up sooner than later.

Maybe contact the places which appear to have the old one in stock, and ask if they have the updated one (and possibly a corresponding lower price).

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
That's a fine idea. I will do it. Thank you!

IBFreeman

Ready to race!
Yeah, I also noticed that the originals were black. I just assumed it was a color change, but I'll email them to see if there were other changes and report back. Not even a big deal, but if I had the choice, I'd prefer black just to keep it stealth.

Unless they made rubber glossy, I have a feeling it's a different material. I could be wrong, though. Ether way, as long as your happy that's all that matters!

Hotfart

Ready to race!
Unless they made rubber glossy, I have a feeling it's a different material. I could be wrong, though. Ether way, as long as your happy that's all that matters!

Agree, it's very possible the material changed. I just passed along what I was told by Revo :cool:

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
Maybe its showing up as "backordered" on DAPs website because they're pushing the BFI ones from now on? It doesn't even appear on their "engine mounts" page, can only get to the page through the link in the DAP install video. Everyone else seems to have the black insert at double the price so maybe they will just reintroduce them at that higher price?

Wish I grabbed one when they were available. $66 with less NVH than the other inserts is a no brainer.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
Sorry guys, I posted before we had the site updated.

The insert is now available separately :D

Thanks,

Ordered! Well done, friend! Thanks for offering the insert by itself, and showing an interest in customer needs. I look forward to ordering more stuff from Funktion in the future.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Waiting for someone to offer a solid rubber insert again :-/