GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Revo IS38ETR - Just Arrived

formgen

Do you if you can run this turbo without their tune? Just wouldn’t get what they advertise for power or would the car freak out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
Do you if you can run this turbo without their tune? Just wouldn’t get what they advertise for power or would the car freak out?

That’s a great question. Honestly don’t know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Just following manufacturer directions. Didn’t ask.

I'm a firm believer of hard break-ins if you're going to drive a car hard. It has to be tempting to feel the powa, isn't it? However this is your car so it's totally up to you. Cheers ?

chiefhiawatha

Ready to race!
It’s tempting to treat this hunk of metal and plastic like it’s a living organism that gets used to things, or maybe you need to treat it certain ways if it’s going to be able to do it later, but I suspect it’s a lot simpler than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Chodeman, I second the Country dubs recommendation. Great shop, I like Ray at RAI, but top to bottom, I've had a way better experience working with Country Dubs.

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
Getting closer everyone. Turbo is on, motor mounts minus the dog bone is one. They are working on the fuel pump and then the sway and subframe mount go on.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Getting closer everyone. Turbo is on, motor mounts minus the dog bone is one. They are working on the fuel pump and then the sway and subframe mount go on.

Any updates? Did you break the turbo in yet?

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
Any updates? Did you break the turbo in yet?

The car is finished I just haven’t picked it up yet. It’s still at the shop. We had a slight delay as the Revo charge pipe kit I purchased did not fit with the Racingline intake, so we had to change that side out with the Neuspeed charge pipes. Also the shop that I use for all of my work wasn’t a Revo dealer at the time I started this process, it they decided they wanted to be after I dropped off the turbo so it’s taken until this week for them to get the software tools in. It’s been a little bit of a waiting game but I’m okay with that as it’s not my daily. Hoping to have it back next week after they finalize everything.

This install involved a few other items as well, including a front sway bar, the Superpro engine mount kit, fuel pump, charge pipes, and turbo.

Going to see it on Saturday

steddy2112

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
The car is finished I just haven’t picked it up yet. It’s still at the shop. We had a slight delay as the Revo charge pipe kit I purchased did not fit with the Racingline intake, so we had to change that side out with the Neuspeed charge pipes. Also the shop that I use for all of my work wasn’t a Revo dealer at the time I started this process, it they decided they wanted to be after I dropped off the turbo so it’s taken until this week for them to get the software tools in. It’s been a little bit of a waiting game but I’m okay with that as it’s not my daily. Hoping to have it back next week after they finalize everything.

This install involved a few other items as well, including a front sway bar, the Superpro engine mount kit, fuel pump, charge pipes, and turbo.

Nice.

Interested in the results.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion

Sweet, keep us posted. I heard nothing but good things about the turbo, should make for a great street car.

Golf7RR

Go Kart Newbie

Excellent!! Looking forward to your results [emoji3]

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
Big time shout out to Country Dubs and the Revo Team. Car arrived home today after having the Revo IS38ETR kit installed and a few other goodies. After a first drive all I can say is the kit is legit and pretty darn fast. Car moves out very quick and shifts are on point. Spool time is very similar to an oem is38. Car just pulls! Very very happy. I’m almost finished with the build. Only a few more items and hopefully it will be finished. Snapped a few pictures after I cleaned him up. #revois38etr, #countrydubs #revo #funktionperformance