GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Retrofitting Blind Spot Assist / Side Assist

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
It set B200100 for a reason. Is the software version of the old ones and the new one the same.

Either way your gonna need odis or vcp to upload parameters.

Slimshouki

Car(s)
Passat B8
It set B200100 for a reason. Is the software version of the old ones and the new one the same.

I will try to upload paramters and data set and see what happens.
I don't have old ones since my car is not originally equiped with any assistance systems. Thats why I am retrofitting blind spot radar without backup camera or front radars.

Slimshouki

Car(s)
Passat B8

Update: I have managed to upload dataset and parameters correctly and all errors are gone except for basic settings. I guess I need to calibrate it manually using board and a fan. Is there an easy method to upload already calibrated values through a file or something?

OBDeleven data log

Date: 2022-03-22 21:22

VIN: WVWZZZ3CZJE218466
Car: Volkswagen Passat
Year: 2018
Body type: Saloon
Engine: CZCA
Mileage: 86314 KM

---------------------------------------------------------------
3C Lane Change Assistant Right

System description: MRR1Rear
Software number: 3Q0907566C
Software version: 0310
Hardware number: 3Q0907566
Hardware version: H16
ODX name: EV_RearRadarS1BoschVW48X
ODX version: 001002
Long coding: 048002

Trouble codes:
C111454 - Lane change assistance control module No basic setting
static
Date: 2022-03-21 21:20:35
Mileage: 86314 km
Priority: 4
Malfunction frequency counter: 1
Unlearning counter: 54
Dynamic environmental data: 028D610286FF22D200000288FF028575
C111554 - Lane change assistance control module 2 No basic setting
static

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Update: I have managed to upload dataset and parameters correctly and all errors are gone except for basic settings. I guess I need to calibrate it manually using board and a fan. Is there an easy method to upload already calibrated values through a file or something?

OBDeleven data log

Date: 2022-03-22 21:22

VIN: WVWZZZ3CZJE218466
Car: Volkswagen Passat
Year: 2018
Body type: Saloon
Engine: CZCA
Mileage: 86314 KM

---------------------------------------------------------------
3C Lane Change Assistant Right

System description: MRR1Rear
Software number: 3Q0907566C
Software version: 0310
Hardware number: 3Q0907566
Hardware version: H16
ODX name: EV_RearRadarS1BoschVW48X
ODX version: 001002
Long coding: 048002

Trouble codes:
C111454 - Lane change assistance control module No basic setting
static
C111554 - Lane change assistance control module 2 No basic setting
static
You cant calibrate a radar unit with a picture. That board with the dots on it is used to aid placement of the calibration units. The parameters should have had taken care of the basic settings. Maybe try a forum for passats. All i got is golf datasets that wont work for you.

Last edited:

Slimshouki

Car(s)
Passat B8
You cant calibrate a radar unit with a picture. That board with the dots on it is used to aid placement of the calibration units. The parameters should have had taken care of the basic settings. Maybe try a forum for passats. All i got is golf datasets that wont work for you.
I cant find preset parameters anywhere for my specific module and car. Besides, an expert told me that this module generation needs static calibration even if correct parameters is flashed.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
I cant find preset parameters anywhere for my specific module and car. Besides, an expert told me that this module generation needs static calibration even if correct parameters is flashed.
Experts. Pff. Ask 4 experts a question and get 4 different answers. I used datasets to calibrate My lane assist camera, High line rear view camera, blind spot radars. So with the right dataset you don't need it calibrated.

I don't know how much it would cost to have them calibrated it may not be expensive

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Experts. Pff. Ask 4 experts a question and get 4 different answers. I used datasets to calibrate My lane assist camera, High line rear view camera, blind spot radars. So with the right dataset you don't need it calibrated.

I don't know how much it would cost to have them calibrated it may not be expensive
My lane assist camera, front radar, and blind spot radars (all retrofits) are all calibrated working great... never have I set eyes upon a calibration board.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
My lane assist camera, front radar, and blind spot radars (all retrofits) are all calibrated working great... never have I set eyes upon a calibration board.
Speaking of lane assist. Got that 2q0 camera and adapters. Just waiting to get my vas5054 back.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Speaking of lane assist. Got that 2q0 camera and adapters. Just waiting to get my vas5054 back.
Nice, I got this email that my 2Q0 was delivered today. Waiting to get my adapters from Craftcloud3d. Do you have pACC now and/or intend to get Travel Assist working? And if so what's your plan for the Traffic Sign recognition which is now SWAP protected? My understanding is only Traffic Sign Recognition is SWAP while everything else is still coding. Over on drive2 it is written that touch sensors in the wheel work to keep lane assist active (without having to turn the wheel slightly) even without Travel Assist... so that's cool.

I have pACC right now which I like a lot. I do get a "traffic sign display is limited message" at the start of every drive even though everything seems to work fine. It seems to me there's a mismatch and/or miscommunication between TSR in the camera and my Disco Pro navigation database. Could very well be a coding issue is as well, although I don't have any faults and that message is gray (advisory?) on the Vehicle Status screen.

Travel assist seems like the logical advancement of pACC. I ordered an Mk8 wheel with touch buttons PN 1EA959442B which are for travel assist. But that likely means I have to get (buy and have activated) the SWAP for sign recognition. I might also order 1EA959442A which just has driver assist button, although that will duplicate the button on the end of my left steering wheel stalk.

Delivered.JPG

Hmmm, we're probably off topic here... hmmm, maybe one of us should start a separate thread about Mk8 Steering wheel retrofit, where we can also talk about these buttons, travel assist and whatever else. I assume you're going heated wheel.

Not that important and still off topic... the part number for the Mk8 steering wheel lower insert for the GTI is 5H0419659AWUZ. I was looking for the GTD part number (although my TDI ≠ GTD) without success, so I ordered the plain black insert without any logo, PN 2GM419659041.

Slimshouki

Car(s)
Passat B8

^^^
Same as the man above: multiple ADAS retrofits....never seen a calibration board.
Guys do you know someone that might help me and give me already calibrated dataset as I tried to calibrate it today with total failure. I actually made the board with exact dimensions and aligned to the required spacing and tried to use a doppler of my own by using a normal table plastic fan and covered all the fins with aluminum foil to imitate steel fan and fix it at required height but the module pops up canceled due to Malfunction while calibrating which I think because of the fan.I cant find a tangential fan here and I am not sure that a steel fan will do the job.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Guys do you know someone that might help me and give me already calibrated dataset as I tried to calibrate it today with total failure. I actually made the board with exact dimensions and aligned to the required spacing and tried to use a doppler of my own by using a normal table plastic fan and covered all the fins with aluminum foil to imitate steel fan and fix it at required height but the module pops up canceled due to Malfunction while calibrating which I think because of the fan.I cant find a tangential fan here and I am not sure that a steel fan will do the job.
I dont. I only have golf datasets. you might have to break down and just goto get it calibrated at a dealer. or a mobile adas calibrator

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Guys do you know someone that might help me and give me already calibrated dataset as I tried to calibrate it today with total failure. I actually made the board with exact dimensions and aligned to the required spacing and tried to use a doppler of my own by using a normal table plastic fan and covered all the fins with aluminum foil to imitate steel fan and fix it at required height but the module pops up canceled due to Malfunction while calibrating which I think because of the fan.I cant find a tangential fan here and I am not sure that a steel fan will do the job

I was worried about 3d printed adapters, Found metal ones on aliexpress.
20220323_211342.jpg

I always though Travel Assist was for autos only, so ive never investigated. I have pACC enabled, but i never use ACC on anything but highways. I havent yet pulled the trigger on wheels. But i found a good source for airbags in the usa that fit the passat wheels airbag mounting mechanism. the golfs ive seen use a different mounting scheme and i havent found anything yet in the usa.

Im gonna try and finish the 360 cameras before i jump into the heated wheel. Unless i find a smoking deal. I spend way too much time in etka and ebay looking for car parts. I should probably take a break.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Most of my use of ACC is highways too but the speed limits change often around here and there are always "construction" zones with lower limits. Even on city/suburb streets the auto-adjustment of the "set" limit on the speedometer is nice to have. As is speed limit sign display even though it shows ROW style signs only. On the highway I stay in the second lane from the right mostly with ACC on all the time... LA drivers are constantly switching in/out of the POV/two left lanes trying to get to their non-important destination 3 seconds earlier yet still 15 minutes late due to traffic 🤷‍♂️, count me out of that nonsense.

I noticed there are two versions of the adapters...
The ones you picture look like the ones in this post on Drive2, with the 2Q0 going into a Tiguan.
Then there are the ones in this post on Drive2, with the 2Q0 going on a Golf.
I "ordered" the Golf ones, but maybe I'll order a set of Tiguan ones too and compare.

I've got some wear marks on my current steering wheel and I've been itching to replace it anyway. I ordered the steering wheel with an airbag to avoid looking at those differences, haha. I'm in the same boat looking for parts all the time, although I don't have ETKA access. That would open me up to more time wasting but also make things much easier.
Edit: Didn't realize I could just grab a partslink24 account for $30 a month... is that what you're using?

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Most of my use of ACC is highways too but the speed limits change often around here and there are always "construction" zones with lower limits. Even on city/suburb streets the auto-adjustment of the "set" limit on the speedometer is nice to have. As is speed limit sign display even though it shows ROW style signs only. On the highway I stay in the second lane from the right mostly with ACC on all the time... LA drivers are constantly switching in/out of the POV/two left lanes trying to get to their non-important destination 3 seconds earlier yet still 15 minutes late due to traffic 🤷‍♂️, count me out of that nonsense.

I noticed there are two versions of the adapters...
The ones you picture look like the ones in this post on Drive2, with the 2Q0 going into a Tiguan.
Then there are the ones in this post on Drive2, with the 2Q0 going on a Golf.
I "ordered" the Golf ones, but maybe I'll order a set of Tiguan ones too and compare.

I've got some wear marks on my current steering wheel and I've been itching to replace it anyway. I ordered the steering wheel with an airbag to avoid looking at those differences, haha. I'm in the same boat looking for parts all the time, although I don't have ETKA access. That would open me up to more time wasting but also make things much easier.
Edit: Didn't realize I could just grab a partslink24 account for $30 a month... is that what you're using?
I got small ones printed, from a cursory look. They look the same. I think they just beefed up the 3d printed version and the Chinese stole the design and made it metal.

Ya I love those people who pass me one a 1 lane road just to get to the red light before I do.

You can download an offline version of etka. It can be found in the usual forums alongside odis e and s