GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Retrofitting Blind Spot Assist / Side Assist

Luiz Henrique

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
So for doing this I need other tools then just vcds? Could it be done with VCP? I haven't got this Vas or odis
You can do it through the VCP, the problem is to find the specific flash file for the VCP. So I think it's easier for you to borrow a VAS5054 and install Odis E on the notebook. If you want, I have the file with the parameters and the flash of the 3C module, but it only works with the Vas5054/Odis E.

Gust

Car(s)
2015 Golf GTI perf
Ok I will take a look around if I can find anyone in the neighborhood who's got this Vas thing.
And meanwhile see if I could find the file for VCP.

jamstonmartames

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GOLF 7.5
@Gust , if you're up for a cheap method, just send the VAS pdf to a local print shop and ask them to print it as per the dimensions of the pdf (See attached) thank me later :)

Attachments

• Kalibrierplatte_1900_700.pdf
    21 KB · Views: 231

Luiz Henrique

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Thnx, but this is for what use? I thought this was ment for calibration of camera?
This procedure would be for blind spot calibration, but "apparently" your problem is parameterization! as I suggested, you would update the flash from the master 3C module to version C and parameterize the module referring to version C, done correctly, everything will work correctly. In my case it works perfectly and I didn't need to calibrate it with the VAS board. But it is worth remembering that for this I did everything with the VAS5054a Interface and Odis E installed on the Notebook.
abs.

Gust

Car(s)
2015 Golf GTI perf
This procedure would be for blind spot calibration, but "apparently" your problem is parameterization! as I suggested, you would update the flash from the master 3C module to version C and parameterize the module referring to version C, done correctly, everything will work correctly. In my case it works perfectly and I didn't need to calibrate it with the VAS board. But it is worth remembering that for this I did everything with the VAS5054a Interface and Odis E installed on the Notebook.
abs.

have sent u pm

Slimshouki

Car(s)
Passat B8
If you don't already have mirror assemblies that support BSM (which you don't otherwise no need to retrofit), running the LED wires to each mirror will be a major PITA, especially to do it right. The factory harness for each mirror is not easy to retrofit with additional wires. Second, you will have to correctly pin the door harnesses. I don't know if everything needed for this is included with the kit harness or not.

Overall, not a trivial job at all.

Also, you have to make sure your gateway is supported-- low line gateways will need to get upgraded to mid-level at a minimum to work with BSM. Do you have a scan tool like VCDS or OBDeleven? Either will tell you which level your gateway is.
Can you ellaborate more how to connect to the can gateway if its mid type since pin 7 and 17 are missing?
All the instructions claimed that I should have a high gateway since I should connect blind spot radar system to pin 7 and 17 which are empty in my mid gateway. I have done everything regarding connections but bcm cant see the radar modules since they are connected to empty pin 7 and 17.

Last edited:

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
I figured out that but @southpawboston stated that mid gateway can work which doesnt have extended can bus could work. Thats the reason for asking him

Yeah I shouldn't have passed on bad info... I had gotten that from someone else here... sorry 'bout that.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Both RVC and BSM use this device. See attached

The board does you no good without the radar unit. vas6350-4

The radars can dynamically calibrate after they have the correct dataset uploaded.