GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Renrubicer: Skeletons In The Closet

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
One could argue the $1,500 I spent on going stage 2 in the last month was fixing the power and tcu tuning...
It actually does. Plus it gives you better gas mileage.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Don't worry though. I bought my MK7.5 with the presumption "Oh, I won't have to put anything into it, I can just carry over everything from my MK7 that I want", and yet I've still managed to put enough money into it where I could have bought an overpriced MK8 R...
That's why I bought the mk8 GTI. I had $10k of mods and maintenance planned for a car that was worth $19k, that already had $6000 into it.

Only plans for the mk8 are autocross wheels/tires, RSB (wish I'd swapped the old one), maybe an axle back, and a tune.

I can swap tune on and off the car, run GS for autocross and have a pretty quick street car with very few mods.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
That's why I bought the mk8 GTI. I had $10k of mods and maintenance planned for a car that was worth $19k, that already had $6000 into it.

Only plans for the mk8 are autocross wheels/tires, RSB (wish I'd swapped the old one), maybe an axle back, and a tune.

I can swap tune on and off the car, run GS for autocross and have a pretty quick street car with very few mods.

"Only plans"

Dangerous words.

Don't forget an intercooler. You're in FL bro, you need that.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
starting an OF to afford a clutch, rear suspension, water pump kit... lmk what you want bb's

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
starting an OF to afford a clutch, rear suspension, water pump kit... lmk what you want bb's

I hear there's a guy in OT who's going to be selling an K04 MK6 project car, maybe it's time...

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i bet he thought of me and then thought "NEVER AGAIN" :ROFLMAO:

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Me: here's an amazing deal, I'll even toss a set of winter steelies and tires in for free

Rice: awesome thanks my dude

6 months later.......

Me: aw man just saw you're selling the Jetta after you made it awesome

Rice: yeah it's a sorority girl car

Me: dang, mind if I get those winter wheels back since my wife just got a Jetta

Rice: sure I'll sell them to you for $800

πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’
NEVER AGAIN

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I find myself attempting to sell you the wheels back hard to believe lol. I simply gave the wheels away to the sorority girl who bought the jetta

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
1000001965.jpg

300 not 800 my B. For a set of wheels I gave you for free πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
That's that Chicago style friendship at work again.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
View attachment 300751

300 not 800 my B. For a set of wheels I gave you for free πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’
ouch man, i'm cringing at my past self hard! maybe i grossly misunderstood something? 'i'm all for helping you out'?? please punch me next time you see me maybe i forgot i was getting over a herion addiction or something