GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Renrubicer: Skeletons In The Closet

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Like that detail alone will def get to me and make me just have to get a real maxton
That’s not a zhong zhong maxton though… you got the universal maxton. Zhong zhong I linked it’s any actual knock off that just doesn’t have the maxton branding

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Onto the next fucking thing!

All my coolant is gone all of a sudden. Wetness by the sensor below the alternator and all over drip pan. Was driving it all day luckily it beeped at me when i was almost home and not in chicago.

No clue what the deal is yet... just replaced my pcv. If that happened to fail could that cause excess pressure on the cooling system or anything? Fans were running for a bit as well as the water pump upon turning the car off. Dipstick is clean oil. Not sure why the radiator would just randomly pop

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Blue MK6 R's lookin pretty spicy right bout now...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Im all aboard the manual mk5 train lol

Anyway i found the symptom... the coolant hose popped off the radiator. Thefuck? Does that just happen sometimes? Woukd an excess of pressure from heat pop it off? Believe ive checked before and ive been at temp. Coolant is yellow. Thought maybe it was supposed to be orange or something maybe it wasnt vw spec coolant? Maybe coolant cap failed?
1000013884.jpg

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Well got it all back together and added nearly two bottles of pink g13 i had on hand.

Then realized im a fucking retard and didnt dilute. To be fair i should have flushed the system entirely and i totally didnt. So im gonna have to do this again.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Well got it all back together and added nearly two bottles of pink g13 i had on hand.

Then realized im a fucking retard and didnt dilute. To be fair i should have flushed the system entirely and i totally didnt. So im gonna have to do this again.
Someone gave me a hard time about buying "premixed" coolant once and my answer was that I knew I would do this exact thing.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Somehow, probably having never owned a car more than a few years i am yet to flush my own coolant lol

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
oook so i drained about half the coolant and added distilled water in to be close to a 50/50 mixture.

so far the hose hasn't popped back off so thats nice

but so far i can't get the coolant temp over ~75*C, supposed to be around 90*C.

Thermostat test result is 'cancel' on vagcom. Auxillary water pump is 'off'. Is this possibly to say it is stuck open? Idk i'm lost here. also my mass air flow is 0.0 Kg and thats also odd, i replaced my MAF sensor with an oem one.

No codes or anything.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Thermostats on fsi motors commonly get stuck open. The job sucks.

Here's me doing it on the Jetta before I sold it to you
View attachment 299492

Nails looking kinda gritty. Have you considered wearing gloves?

Fingers do look healthy though. Good to see.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
fuck i hate coolant and coolant hoses. fork. well someone near me is willing to sell a timing belt kit as well as a water pump/thermostat kit for $100 i guess i should hop on that.

amazing how the more you look into a car you own the more shit you find out is wrong. had i just bought the car and driven it i would have had no idea how much was in dire need. like its a real 'rabbit' hole and its not even a 2.5 lol

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI