GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Removing DCC and coding out?

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Yikes. For $1200 I could get a pretty nice set of coilovers. Haha!

GGray

Ready to race!

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
That is each... Front only 2400, back was 1800....

Yeah I caught you. I was just saying. Nice set of coilovers for the same price as 1 strut. lol.

vegasgolds

Ready to race!
Nice.. I did not know the base ones were here... no more black cars for me...

I found a 15 blue with ... 12,500 miles on it... dupp.... guy wants way to much for it though...

thats a LOT of miles for a car that wasn't available till the end of February beginning of March!

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
I just had a DCC strut replaced that was covered under insurance. The replacement cost was $498.

nal

Ready to race!
u will need a dcc canceller to negate the fault code.I bought the ishikawa version for my ohlins coilovers which have not given me any issues.KW also make a dcc canceller.

GGray

Ready to race!
thats a LOT of miles for a car that wasn't available till the end of February beginning of March!

Yup. I thought it was a misprint.. for what he is asking for it you can spend a little more and get a new one.

gleekak

Nothing in particular. They are just a high volume system much like Bilstien.

I just have access to much better suspension systems.

What do you use instead?

(I'm new to the tuner community so just looking to learn.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GGray

Ready to race!
What do you use instead?

(I'm new to the tuner community so just looking to learn.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We use a ton of Motion Control you can run very high spring rates and they ride great.. Very tunable and assembles in the US. These would be my first choice for a Golf R. Second would be JRZ. JRZ, Ohlins, Penske just do not match the ride quality vs performance of the MCS systems. All are not cheap single adjustable MCS set up is around 3500-4k, double, 4-6k. Remotes a little more..

http://www.motioncontrolsuspension.com/

Probably overkill for most people for street use. But I basically track whatever I own. And the R is a high end car why not put high end parts on it:)

KW and other less expensive are still good just not premium products. Nothing wrong with them overall. Just not what I personally would put on a Golf R.

On the opposite end of the spectrum we sell a LOT of ISC kits... Which shockingly are very good for the price.

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
My GTD has done nearly 20k miles in about 7 months which I feel is loads.....is a company car I inherrited from someone else though

Thats a bad ass company car. I wanna work for your company...wow.

Kenny212

When I had my Passat cc that had DCC , I switched to airride , I fitted kw DCC cancelling kit that plug into the existing wiring , I suspect you could do the same with mk7 golf

Golf RRR

We use a ton of Motion Control you can run very high spring rates and they ride great.. Very tunable and assembles in the US. These would be my first choice for a Golf R. Second would be JRZ. JRZ, Ohlins, Penske just do not match the ride quality vs performance of the MCS systems. All are not cheap single adjustable MCS set up is around 3500-4k, double, 4-6k. Remotes a little more..

http://www.motioncontrolsuspension.com/

Probably overkill for most people for street use. But I basically track whatever I own. And the R is a high end car why not put high end parts on it:)

KW and other less expensive are still good just not premium products. Nothing wrong with them overall. Just not what I personally would put on a Golf R.

On the opposite end of the spectrum we sell a LOT of ISC kits... Which shockingly are very good for the price.
I assume you are setting your :R up mainly for track days?(I see in your sig that you've already got a BMW track car).
How is the Haldex 4Motion under sustained track use/racing?