GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Remove Torque limiter Via Vag-Com (How To)

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Thanks all. I got ahold of a cable. It worked like a charm with vcds. Was able to set starting vibration reduction to Deactivated on 2017 Sport dsg.

Definitely a bug obdeleven needs to fix, which they said they were working on.

Does it show "ESC off" when you hold down the Traction off button? I have a 2016 PP manual. I've been able to code, but the MFD menu display when I hold down the button is still the same... :confused:

funvw5

Ready to race!
Does it show "ESC off" when you hold down the Traction off button? I have a 2016 PP manual. I've been able to code, but the MFD menu display when I hold down the button is still the same... :confused:

The display on my 15 PP doesn't change between the sport mode & off mode. But I think it does flash across the the screen that it's off. I dunno, lol. Hold button for 3 seconds..it's off. push button quickly...it's in sport mode.

Coding "ESC off" is different than coding the Starting Vibration Reduction.

Changing the Starting Vibration Reduction does not show any differently on the MFD when the ESC button is pressed.

funvw5

Ready to race!
Coding "ESC off" is different than coding the Starting Vibration Reduction.

Changing the Starting Vibration Reduction does not show any differently on the MFD when the ESC button is pressed.

Thanks for clearing that up, sorry I forgot to mention that.

MagZ

I just tried something that I think worked but not 100%. I went into the brakes module and there is an option for disable abs at lower speed range. Tried it and did a quick launch and got 0 intervention. Obviously, im a bit sketchy at keeping the setting, but it may be a good option if you are gonna drag you car at the track....sidenote, i have one of the cars that cannot disable starting vibration reduction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which access code did you use?

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
Dang just took the car for a late night Canyon cruise after just doing the deactivating torque setting and ESC off both with obdeleven and wow! Totally can pull hard from a stop and gun it no cut out or lights flashing in the gauge cluster, just pure fun breaking some traction, just sold my Jb1, can't wait to feel this tuned because stock the car feels plenty fast??gotta love dry 51 degree nights for hooning ?

Sent using Pied Piper middle out compression app

MrClubsport

it's the never ending doom though, I took the limiter off and the car feels great the car just pulls, maybe too hard lol, now I get wheel hop in 2nd at 50mph lol , so now got to fix that, as my cars not tuned and the 034 is 1 bolt and cheap in that goes today.
fingers crossed that is ok for a none tuned car, but I do have 290BHp as it's a clubsport.

Jofa73

Passed Driver's Ed
it's the never ending doom though, I took the limiter off and the car feels great the car just pulls, maybe too hard lol, now I get wheel hop in 2nd at 50mph lol , so now got to fix that, as my cars not tuned and the 034 is 1 bolt and cheap in that goes today.
fingers crossed that is ok for a none tuned car, but I do have 290BHp as it's a clubsport.

No 290Bhp in 2:nd gear :) unless you are using launch control. Assuming you have an clubsport DSG.

eddiekranc

Ready to race!
I've had my deactivated for 6-8 months forgetting about it. In Florida we had our first rainy season downpour and I hit some water while accelerating and lost control of the car completely (traction was in sport). I was baffled if it was just that slippery as Florida roads do get from all the crap that surfaces when it hasn't rained in while. Nonetheless it was eye opening and after reading more here I'm wondering if deactivating this played a role. Maybe a setting to only use when dragging in dry conditions?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'm in florida too and the rain is insane right now. I plan on doing this torque limiter thing, but i have already set my ecs, to either be on/sport/off. I never change it unless racing lol, I see you were driving normally with it on sport so maybe both on our wet dirty roads is the worst thing to do lol.

MagZ

I just tried something that I think worked but not 100%. I went into the brakes module and there is an option for disable abs at lower speed range. Tried it and did a quick launch and got 0 intervention. Obviously, im a bit sketchy at keeping the setting, but it may be a good option if you are gonna drag you car at the track....sidenote, i have one of the cars that cannot disable starting vibration reduction

Which security access code did you use for the ABS module?

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
Cant remember....but on the obdeleven it gives u a list...i just tried each one till i got it right