GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Regret not buying Performance Pack?

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
Only regret is not getting DCC. But I didn't want all the Autobahn options in order to get DCC as well as the insane price of the loaded Autobahn with DCC.

Not sure I really miss not having it, but it was the single area I decided to compromise.

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
I just looked at the VW website. $2500 difference between the 2017 S and Sport. I will edit my above post

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
I'm glad I got the Sport but I know I don't need anything other than a 12 year old Hundai Elantra. The lights and Kessy are great it would take back to back rides on two lane blacktop to know if there is a difference I can tell with the LSD but need and want are two different things. I went by numerous car reviews that have more skilled than I drivers that all said get the sport. The reviews for the DSG were mixed I went with a MT and am not regretting my choice but I see some of the shifting mods in my future.

any choice other than mine was a bad one. ;)

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Good for you that you can straight up abuse your car pretty much every time you start it.
In my world, there are police, pedestrians, deer and car insurance rates.
So, exceedingly few opportunities to wring out a limited slip or necessitate larger brakes.
Sounds like you shouldn't own a GTI if you don't want to have some fun on your drive. I toss mine in sport any time there's a twist in the road or a busy intersection. Get the stick out of your ass and live a little. Take risks and have a good time. (Unless you are putting others in danger)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Trancebolt

Ready to race!
Never understood people downplaying brake upgrades.... In any sense. I will say that i did not get an option during purchase to pick summer tires. Supposed to be able to get potenza s001s... Not the best iknow, but it is supposedly a 100-200 dollar upgrade and that would complete the 'sport' package for me.

Ramon64124

Drag Racing Champion
I bought my car used. for the price, it was WELL worth it not getting the PP. would i love it? 100%, would i use it? 100%, would I benefit from it on my IS38 FBO car? 100%. would i justify paying 3-4k more for one? Absolutely not. I love my car and i made the right decision!

Love what you have people! there will always be someone who has something better than you.

Love yours.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
No one really seems to be commenting on the bad weather advantages of the PP LSD. It makes driving in the snow way easier. The wheels hook up and find traction way faster than with the brake based traction system. It's not a concern for everyone here, but made a big difference for me last winter, especially trying to get up hills.

s.hasan546

Passed Driver's Ed
Only regret is not getting DCC. But I didn't want all the Autobahn options in order to get DCC as well as the insane price of the loaded Autobahn with DCC.

Not sure I really miss not having it, but it was the single area I decided to compromise.

Lol I agree with u here. The only thing I wish I had was DCC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

s.hasan546

Passed Driver's Ed
No one really seems to be commenting on the bad weather advantages of the PP LSD. It makes driving in the snow way easier. The wheels hook up and find traction way faster than with the brake based traction system. It's not a concern for everyone here, but made a big difference for me last winter, especially trying to get up hills.

Any car is good with winter tires. If you can’t get it through it with good winter tires you either need a suv for ground clearance or not to be driving lol.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Any car is good with winter tires. If you can’t get it through it with good winter tires you either need a suv for ground clearance or not to be driving lol.

This is definitively not true (ask anyone who's slapped winter tires on a mustang). But my point wasn't that you NEED it, just that it makes everything easier, winter tires or not.

s.hasan546

Passed Driver's Ed
This is definitively not true (ask anyone who's slapped winter tires on a mustang). But my point wasn't that you NEED it, just that it makes everything easier, winter tires or not.

This is definitely true. I’ve daily driven a 400 whp supercharged s2000 with winter tires and some salt in the trunk. I know plenty of enthusiasts that drive sports cars in the winter with good winters. You’d be surprised how far tire tech has improved. The new Alpina A4s are amazing in snow.

Like I said, if a car with good winters can’t handle the road you either shouldn’t be on the road or need ground clearance (meaning u should be in a cuv/suv).

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
This is definitely true. I’ve daily driven a 400 whp supercharged s2000 with winter tires and some salt in the trunk. I know plenty of enthusiasts that drive sports cars in the winter with good winters. You’d be surprised how far tire tech has improved. The new Alpina A4s are amazing in snow.

Like I said, if a car with good winters can’t handle the road you either shouldn’t be on the road or need ground clearance (meaning u should be in a cuv/suv).

I wonder if the LSD in your S2000 helped...

Which to get this thread back on topic: winter tires are great and have nothing to do with the PP. The LSD helps you get traction on bad weather, winter tires or not. Something to consider if you are weighing the cost benefit.

Last edited:

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Lol I agree with u here. The only thing I wish I had was DCC.

I have DCC and it's a love hate relationship. I love having it but I hate that I can't lower it on proper coils if I ever want to. The stock ride height doesn't bother me but I would like just a small amount lower. (Yes I know, springs are an option, but if I'm going to lower, Im going to do it the right way)

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
I have DCC and it's a love hate relationship. I love having it but I hate that I can't lower it on proper coils if I ever want to. The stock ride height doesn't bother me but I would like just a small amount lower. (Yes I know, springs are an option, but if I'm going to lower, Im going to do it the right way)

Bilstien makes a DCC compatible coilover kit ;)

Edit to add more indo:
http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18844

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Sounds like you shouldn't own a GTI if you don't want to have some fun on your drive. I toss mine in sport any time there's a twist in the road or a busy intersection. Get the stick out of your ass and live a little. Take risks and have a good time. (Unless you are putting others in danger)

Yeah man, tell me what I shouldn't own.