GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Question: How to answer text messages using voice?

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys,

I feel kind of embarrassed asking this question since I'm a pretty mechanically in-depth person but I'm having troubles with an MIBII feature that others say exists. So is there anyway to answer my text messages, via the voice feature.

For instance, if I receive a text message that says "Hi" I know how to have the car read it to me. But I cannot figure out how to reply via voice. I can manually type a reply in using the screen but that kind of defeats the purpose of the whole system.

So anyways, if anyone could post a quick tutorial that would be great! Thanks in advance

Nitsrik1976

Ready to race!
Hey guys,

I feel kind of embarrassed asking this question since I'm a pretty mechanically in-depth person but I'm having troubles with an MIBII feature that others say exists. So is there anyway to answer my text messages, via the voice feature.

For instance, if I receive a text message that says "Hi" I know how to have the car read it to me. But I cannot figure out how to reply via voice. I can manually type a reply in using the screen but that kind of defeats the purpose of the whole system.

So anyways, if anyone could post a quick tutorial that would be great! Thanks in advance

It works on Android Auto if you long press the MIC button on the the steering wheel but you have to have 3G coverage or it won't work,as the other response stated above.... you can also click the MIC button on AA via the Infotainment screen alternatively.

MAP is only available on Android phones that support the feature.... message access profile (via the Infotainments default phone section) is all done via Bluetooth connectivity