GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pure White Weekend Warrior

bfury5

Autocross Champion
Quick update on track days. I am unfortunately not able to make the SCDA event at Thompson next weekend, but I did sign up for an Oct 3rd Time Trial at Palmer that is being hosted by CART. Have never run with them so will probably be forced to run in Novice. Car is classed as Prepped 3 (due to aftermarket clutch). Would love to have another Mk7 there if any of you can make it!
I've run with CART a few times before, from everything I've seen they run a solid event

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
I have not run with them before but it looks like they host quote a few events. If you check any of them out, let us know what you think.

patrick_b

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE 6MT
Nice! Post up some pics once you get them installed. Hope the Rennlines arrive sometime this year. Lol

Finished up by getting the WCT spacer installed today. Really makes a difference that the throttle is almost even with the brake. I can't heel toe to save my life but at least it's possible now.

2C97958A-D40C-4C8A-9BA5-155794285CBD.jpeg

Last edited:

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
Day did not end well for me... Too much lift off oversteer on turn 8 during one of my time attack laps and ended up in the wall. Good news is, no fluid leaks or CEL, car will need new front and rear bumpers, quarter panels and a headlight, but hoping there is no major mechanical damage. Made it home under my own power but stuck to the back roads. Will know soon what we're looking at for cost. Fingers crossed for a good outcome.

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
Damn. That’s sucks dude.
Thanks, man... Yeah, not happy. The lap before I noticed the back end getting a bit happy on that turn as well but still decided to push a little further (face palm). Hopefully the damage wont be too extensive.

May have to rethink my suspension setup once I get back up and running. The 27mm Neuspeed bar and higher PSI in the back may just be too aggressive (on stock springs/dampers). One step at a time I guess...

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
On the bright side, the wheels (and everything else actually...) felt fine during the drive home so I am cautiously optimistic.

bfury5

Autocross Champion
Back bumper might even be fine, I bet 95% of that rubber will buff out. Damage doesn't look too bad, except for that rear quarter panel. Not sure if they can pull that out or if they need to replace the entire side (which is one piece all the way up and around the window). The crumpled lower portion near the side skirt looks to be the worst part. Fingers cross for ya

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
Back bumper might even be fine, I bet 95% of that rubber will buff out. Damage doesn't look too bad, except for that rear quarter panel. Not sure if they can pull that out or if they need to replace the entire side (which is one piece all the way up and around the window). The crumpled lower portion near the side skirt looks to be the worst part. Fingers cross for ya
Thanks Brian. Will let you guys know how it turns out.

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
Also some thoughts on the way CART ran the event for anyone interested. Relative to the SCDA event I ran earlier this year, there was very little information provided ahead of time by CART. SCDA provided drivers with their run group, schedule, virtual drivers meetings videos, track maps, inter session debriefs (prerecorded), and tech inspection form (to prefill due to COVID) all a few days before the event.

CART sent an email two days before with only a registration confirmation and with their rules and a tech form (that was filled out in person). Did not know which run group I was with until day of the event. They also didn’t offer as much coaching between sessions or during the drivers meeting. The lead follow for Novice did not include radio or much in the way of follow up either. That being said, the CART event did offer quite a bit of seat time and the instructors and organizers were all very friendly and willing to help.

Both groups enforced point by only passing. CART ran three run groups (including novice) that eventually became two. SCDA ran 4 groups (novice, two int groups, and an advance group).