GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PS4s vs the world

HuangMoney

Go Kart Newbie
Hello there.

I am running a 225/40/18 mp4s on some light wheels for the summer and still spin plenty because I am running an eqt turbo. I have 18x8.5 et42 wheels coming that I am planning on running something with more grip on. I was thinking 245/35/18 MP4s but theyre astronomically expensive at over $900 a set. I wanted to know if there was a tire with more grip and some level of comparable treadwear that I could run? I didnt want a tire that I need to replace every 10k miles.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Same treadwear you're going to get at BEST marginal gains in the dry, and likely much worse wet grip (PS4S are magical in the wet). If you want stickier, you'll need to go softer.

All that said... It's a fwd car, if you want off the line grip, get an R or be prepared to spend a shitton on 100 and 200tw tires.

R Golf

Go Kart Champion
Same treadwear you're going to get at BEST marginal gains in the dry, and likely much worse wet grip (PS4S are magical in the wet). If you want stickier, you'll need to go softer.

All that said... It's a fwd car, if you want off the line grip, get an R or be prepared to spend a shitton on 100 and 200tw tires.

Went to reply and saw this. This is spot on.

odessa.filez

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
at the drag strip or on the street?
if drag strip, consider 2 wheel spares with slicks and change them.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I have 18 x 8.5 et45 wheels with the MPS4S tires at 235/40/18 and they provide excellent grip on the streets, even with my BT setup, they still grip like crazy and prevent wheel spin.