GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Price Paid 2019 GTI SE with Experience package and DCC

Drikus

I would like some advice on what I just paid for my new 2019 GTI SE. I had a 2019 Civic Si that I owed 22,600 on that was worth around 20 - 21k at trade in. I also qualified for the 0 interest for 72 month VW financing. The dealer told me I could get the internet price of 27,800 with 2.9 financing or 29,500 0 percent VW financing. With GAP insurance my OTD price was 32k including my negative equity from the Civic vs around 30k with the 2.9 financing. Did I make the right decision going with the 0 percent financing or could the dealer of went even lower and still offered me the 0 percent? Honestly this is my dream car and I have owned one before so I may of let my price negations slip a little bit. They made it sound like VW as a bank would not approve for the price to go any lower with the 0 percent financing offer.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
In hindsight you may have been able to take their financing and the lower price and then just refinanced the note at a lower rate with your own bank or credit union.

32k OTD with eating the Si trade doesn't seem horrible though. I wouldn't beat myself up over it since you did get what you wanted.

Drikus

I honestly think 2.9 would of been the lowest I would of even got at my bank. Over the life of the loan I think I'm saving around 2k from interest so I'm not beating myself up too bad. Love the car!

Attachments

• GTI.jpg
    GTI.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 97