GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

VW-MAN1

Purchased GTI-S Manual in Maryland Late July

Sticker: $27585
Purchase Price: $23600 which includes $300 Dealer Processing and Smile and Drive $1000 Rebate with 0.9%/60 Months Financing.
Tax/Tags and Title not included since those are variable by State.

cb1111

3.9 is terrible considering you could get 0 to 1.9 on almost any vw model these days

The 2018 GTI is at 0.99% for 72 - 84 months right now in Canada and 0 percent for up to 60 months...
Maybe freebullets has not so stellar credit. There are lots of variables that we could only speculate on.

Dealers will often offer you a higher interest rate but give you an additional discount because they get a percentage back from the finance company.

As we know, there are no incentives on the R. The local dealer offered me a $1500 discount with an additional $1000 off if I took their financing at 3.9%. When I said "I can get financing at far less" he countered with "maybe the manager will knock it down to 2.9".

That means that there is more than 1% in it for the dealer.

Mk_GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Sales manager on Saturday told me that my offer didn’t qualify for 0.9%/60 and next rate is 6%. Told him I have 100% perfect credit and he can f-off with that rate.

Tsi7

Ready to race!
Maybe freebullets has not so stellar credit. There are lots of variables that we could only speculate on.

Dealers will often offer you a higher interest rate but give you an additional discount because they get a percentage back from the finance company.

As we know, there are no incentives on the R. The local dealer offered me a $1500 discount with an additional $1000 off if I took their financing at 3.9%. When I said "I can get financing at far less" he countered with "maybe the manager will knock it down to 2.9".

That means that there is more than 1% in it for the dealer.

That is true. Now I'm not exactly sure how it works in the US, but the rates in Canada (as far as I know) are set in stone for new and used cars by vw credit Canada... 99.9% of the time people will finance with the manufacture credit company as there is 0 chance you'll get less then 5% at the banks... The prime rate is at 3.7% in Canada these days!

cb1111

That is true. Now I'm not exactly sure how it works in the US, but the rates in Canada (as far as I know) are set in stone for new and used cars by vw credit Canada... 99.9% of the time people will finance with the manufacture credit company as there is 0 chance you'll get less then 5% at the banks... The prime rate is at 3.7% in Canada these days!
Credit unions in the US will generally finance for under 2% these days (assuming good credit).

AFAIK, the VW credit is set in stone here too, but dealers often use their own financing where the lender gives them a significant kickback.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Credit unions in the US will generally finance for under 2% these days (assuming good credit).

AFAIK, the VW credit is set in stone here too, but dealers often use their own financing where the lender gives them a significant kickback.

Base car loan rates have been going up recently.

Lowest APR offered by my CU was 2.49% by end of 2017 and as of now its 3.24%.

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
manufacturer rates are always lowest, however you will give up most if not all the rebate in order to do so. Working at a dealer right now in Pennsylvania, the going rate with good credit is about 3.3-3.5% on perfect credit. Also dealers always use showroom average or higher rates than anything bc they do not know your credit so they may show you at say 5-6% but doesnt mean youll get that. Unless they want to try to sell you back end products and extra warranties. Credit unions are the best right now. I know USAA has a sub 3% if you are a member with them. Plus also term sometimes has to do with the rate as well...higher the term, higher the rate unless manufacturer financial places state otherwise

cb1111

Base car loan rates have been going up recently.

Lowest APR offered by my CU was 2.49% by end of 2017 and as of now its 3.24%.
True. I hadn't checked recently but you prompted me to check now. My old CU still does 1.99 but Penfed and Navy Federal are in the twos and low threes.

Time to buy now.

nyuofa1

Question for your guys.

I'm looking at an Alltrack as a daily driver. The discounts are pretty substantial (up to $6500 off). After having a conversation with the sales guy, I've come to the conclusion that you can either get a big price discount, but have a higher finance rate (dealer has to make it up somehow, unless you pay it off ASAP), or have a so-so price discount, and get the .9% finance rate promotion that VW seems to have on-going right now. Does this seem accurate?

But all this VW shopping, its making me want to get a Golf R manual. Are Golf R's more difficult to discount? What's the largest price discount you guys have seen on the Golf R? Is now a good time to buy, as 2019's are rolling in soon?

cb1111

Question for your guys.

I'm looking at an Alltrack as a daily driver. The discounts are pretty substantial (up to $6500 off). After having a conversation with the sales guy, I've come to the conclusion that you can either get a big price discount, but have a higher finance rate (dealer has to make it up somehow, unless you pay it off ASAP), or have a so-so price discount, and get the .9% finance rate promotion that VW seems to have on-going right now. Does this seem accurate?

But all this VW shopping, its making me want to get a Golf R manual. Are Golf R's more difficult to discount? What's the largest price discount you guys have seen on the Golf R? Is now a good time to buy, as 2019's are rolling in soon?
There are zero incentives from VW on the R. Any discounts are coming from the dealer. Nobody knows if/when the 19's are coming. There is also no guarantee that the 19's will include a manual.

nyuofa1

There are zero incentives from VW on the R. Any discounts are coming from the dealer. Nobody knows if/when the 19's are coming. There is also no guarantee that the 19's will include a manual.

Got ya. You think 2018 Golf R’s can be had for $3k+ less than MSRP?

So the 2018 could be the last Golf R of this current gen?

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Got ya. You think 2018 Golf R’s can be had for $3k+ less than MSRP?

So the 2018 could be the last Golf R of this current gen?

No one has reported $3k off sticker on a R.

MK8 platform will be revealed in Europe by this fall and will hit our shores in a couple of years.