GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pretoria wheel colour.

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
Pretoria wheel colour. FOUND IT

I have caused a minor curb scratch on one wheel edge. No big deal…

Have anyone ordered a set of LZ49 “High gloss wheel met. “ spray set?. It’s not possible to order in Sweden from VAG dealers. Not available. From where could it be ordered?

This time I will just “dot” the scratch with a small brush with paint I have “in stock” but want to have a spray set for future use.

It’s almost “a law of nature” to curb a wheel now and then. Could be done by a family member including my self….:D.

Wheel Item no 5G0 601 025 AJ Z49 The last sign is color code.

/Peter

Last edited:

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
That's a tough one Peter.

I've had my wheels professionally repaired for $150 here in the U.S.

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
That's a tough one Peter........

I suppose it is!
Normally the VW/Audi spray sets are good to work with. My VW dealer informed me “LZ49 - Not available as a spray set” (or as touch up set). It’s a very odd color, little blueish silver. So far haven’t seen anything like it yet, not on another car brand....

/Peter

Spinstorm

Ready to race!
I did exactly the same thing on EVERY wheel and I've only had the car a week and half AND I've been as careful as possible parking.

I actually googled paint companies and found some online places that mix the paint; I'd do the same if I was you. Maybe you can get it shipped from the UK or Germany to Sweden.

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
I did exactly the same thing on EVERY wheel and I've only had the car a week and half AND I've been as careful as possible parking.

I actually googled paint companies and found some online places that mix the paint; I'd do the same if I was you. Maybe you can get it shipped from the UK or Germany to Sweden.

I tried to order a mixture at my local professional Autopaint dealer but they weren’t able to mix it. One tint was missing in their normal stock. Not available they said.

If you order on the web I would be grateful if you want to post a link.

During the meantime I have done a mix myself, Audi silver + some old BMW anthracite from my garage shelf, corresponds rather well since it was a small area :).

/Peter

Spinstorm

Ready to race!
The paint they mixed was not the same as the wheels. I'm not convinced that LZ49 is the actual correct paint.

I touched up the areas but it is noticeably darker.

I am not sure that I'll be able to get the paint match. May just have to get the wheels refurbed when they get bad enough (which I hope won't be for a long time).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
The only thing I can think of is, find out manufactures Pretoria's and see if they will sell you the paint. They're probably clear coated too, but you should be able to buy that at an auto supply store. To spray, you probably need to strip off all of the clear coat and paint the whole wheel. I would go the touch up route.

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
”Curbed” a wheel last week. Grinded and so on and took a spray of Audi silver + varnish. Looked far to bright.

At last I found the LZ49 colour met base on ebay.de. Got the delivery today. Resprayed it tonigt. Look rather good. You cant expect 100% match as the OEM colour is 3 different coats. This is just 2 met + varnish.

http://www.ebay.at/itm/QLS-Felgenla...640117?hash=item4d487d1a75:g:1CsAAOSwqfNXo1~7

Look for your self. It's the section just to the right of the valve section.

Attachments

• 20161027_215647_resized.jpg
    20161027_215647_resized.jpg
    346 KB · Views: 4,248
  • 20161027_214252_resized.jpg
    20161027_214252_resized.jpg
    613.4 KB · Views: 3,217
Last edited: