GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Performance Package Q

kyoo

Go Kart Newbie
Realize it's not out or just released in the USA, but:

Is there anything mechanically different about the ENGINE or turbo in the PP? Or is it just a different tune?

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
Different tune (this is debatable), larger brakes, and LSD

kyoo

Go Kart Newbie
thanks - I'm aware of the larger brakes and LSD, but more curious about the tune/engine/turbo in relation to the reliability of the turbo

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Talking 10 hp

thanks - I'm aware of the larger brakes and LSD, but more curious about the tune/engine/turbo in relation to the reliability of the turbo

The turbo is spooled slightly different from what I have read, but for 10 hp this can not be a big change. The EU version does 220-230. So if it has negative impact on turbo we would know from EU cars that have been out for Almost 2 years. Get the PP. Larger brakes and LSD worth it. 10hp is just a little kicker added in.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Does anyone know what size the regular brakes are? Also what are the size of PP brakes?

kyoo

Go Kart Newbie
Does anyone know what size the regular brakes are? Also what are the size of PP brakes?

per the brochure:
standard: 312mm front, 272mm rear
pp: 340mm front, 310mm rear

DAS_STIG

Banned

DAS_STIG

Banned
The turbo is spooled slightly different from what I have read, but for 10 hp this can not be a big change. The EU version does 220-230. So if it has negative impact on turbo we would know from EU cars that have been out for Almost 2 years. Get the PP. Larger brakes and LSD worth it. 10hp is just a little kicker added in.

to be honest, this is a horrible argument. it's not worth it if you will never use it. i have driven the PP and i own a non-PP and frankly am glad i did not wait/spend the extra money for it. why? because i would never drive the car hard enough to use the extra performance bits. if you live near great mountain roads or will track your car, then yes, it's worth it.

Dawson

Passed Driver's Ed
In Australia the PP is as mentioned here. Brakes, Bi-xenons, LSD, LED tail lights.
I've driven one for 2 days whilst they were fixing my GTI and the biggest difference driving them was the amount of traction the PP got from the diff and 19's with P-zero rubber.
I don't think there is any difference with the turbo, it's just a tuning tweak.
Which is shown when you get a tune on either car, they increase power up to the same numbers

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Mk.V 2008
The turbo is the same, as is the entire engine mechanics. At least this
is the case on the Euro spec engine with dual injection, but I couldn't
imagine VW/Audi would change anything more than software for a tiny
10 HP difference.
The LSD is the thing I missed most on the Mk.V and Mk.VI GTI by far.

Nyanga

Ready to race!
The brakes make a big difference and the clever traction factor makes fwd not too much of an issue. Worth the money.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Since the HP and torque are already underrated, I doubt there is any HP difference, unless they quote a slightly difference RPM for peak power. Which of course is still BS.