GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

People with jb1/4 and manual transmission

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Whats up everyone I just ordered a jb4 unit and data cable last night and I have been going through all the threads but what I am looking to do is try and get all the people with a jb1/4 and a manual transmission together and share there mods and settings that they are running there car and jb1/4 unit. Have you had any issues with clutch slippage or anything. I'm just looking to get information for manual driver's in one place.

Thanks

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
There are so many threads about this, so why do you think your idea is so important? If you're so concerned, why don't you do all of the work and copy and paste them all together?

And didn't you see most driver's burned out their clutches, so what's the point?

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
If no one ever re-posted info or questions forums would become very quiet, very fast. The info may already be out there but I'm always up for a good discussion.

Cruiser

Ready to race!
If no one ever re-posted info or questions forums would become very quiet, very fast. The info may already be out there but I'm always up for a good discussion.

Very quiet, very fast = boring? We need a new hobby!
( dont mind me, just funnin')

nonbiodegradable weasel

Ready to race!
Have you had any issues with clutch slippage or anything
I didn't have problems with JB1. When I upgraded to JB4, I put it on map 2 (aggressive map) because I wanted to feel the extra power. I only did a couple of pulls on map 2.

My clutch started to slip when I was driving pretty conservatively. Only took a few days after upgrading from JB1 to JB4.

The only other problem I have with JB4 is that I live too far away from "Mexico" to log the way I want to.

There are so many threads about this, so why do you think your idea is so important? If you're so concerned, why don't you do all of the work and copy and paste them all together?

And didn't you see most driver's burned out their clutches, so what's the point?
I hear you.. but problem is, this type of internet forum is a poor way of organizing information. Most of the threads with good information are a mile long and filled with posts that don't really contribute anything. We'd be better off with a wiki of some sort.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
I'm at 24k miles and JB1 was on at 10k or so until I upgraded to the JB4 using Map 2, I only have a few hundred miles on it so I'm not sure when my clutch is going to slip yet, so far so good. Early build 6/14. I'll let you know when the time comes :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeF1021

Ready to race!
I think it's worth noting which tranny in the mk7 family you are using.

2.0 6mt is obviously different than the 1.8 5mt.... I wonder which one has a higher ceiling to withstand torque increases... it's also worth noting that the 2.0 will probably get higher gains than the 1.8 will from the same map.

I am curious to hear reviews of ultra conservative jb4 maps on the 1.8 5mt and if it is really worth trying to save the clutch or not...

You WILL need a better clutch. It's as simple as that. ;)

this ^^^

That's wrong. ;) What exactly is bad to carry on existing threads?

I'll tell you the answer: Some people won't get away from searching
first, then reading, and lastly, realize the question is already answered
a thousand times. That's all.
I wouldn't miss starting new topics with the ever same matter. Would
you? :confused:

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
That's wrong. ;) What exactly is bad to carry on existing threads?

I'll tell you the answer: Some people won't get away from searching
first, then reading, and lastly, realize the question is already answered
a thousand times. That's all.
I wouldn't miss starting new topics with the ever same matter. Would
you? :confused:

My point was more that as time goes on, more questions are answered. After a while the dialogue and social aspect would die down if everyone was able to find what they needed through searching rather than opening the discussion again. Granted, some things are asked way more than necessary and it's obvious no attempt was made to find it.

A question may seem dumb or lazy to the guys who have been on here for a couple of years but for a new guy like me, it can help to answer questions I never knew I had. Beyond that, something like the JB4 thread, while full of information, could have the info you need but would take a day to find it. A search only helps if you know what to ask. As weasel said, the info is there but the organization on a forum is pretty painful at times.

railroader

Autocross Newbie

Yes I know there are "so many threads out there about this" and sure I could go through the thousands of thread and decipher between the manual and dsg ones but not all of use have that much free time and maybe my main intent and point of this thread was to get the info from just the manual cars into a single smaller thread where it could be more manageable to maintain and upkeep the info to where people have easier access to the info. Part of the problem is these threads get so filled up with non-essential stuff with people that the question might not even pertain to like for instance I'm sure there are or will be people that comment on this thread that don't even have a manual thus wasting space and making the thread longer and harder to manage. I do spend time researching these threads and have found a lot of good info and learned a lot, I have even learned some useful stuff you have posted. I understand stand I will need a clutch eventually and expect it and new that buying this gti, I new and expected from the 2015 GLI I had before this but I'm trying to gather other fellow manual driver's info in one small thread and to possible learn from mistakes others have made to try and get as much life as possible out of my clutch.

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Any and all tunes, flashes, and piggybacks WILL cause clutch slippage eventually. It is only a when not an if. So the answer to your thread post is...Yes just a jb1 can cause your clutch to slip. Every car is different though. Just be forewarned that the stock clutches are designed for stock power output only. Anything in excess and the clock starts ticking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Any and all tunes, flashes, and piggybacks WILL cause clutch slippage eventually. It is only a when not an if. So the answer to your thread post is...Yes just a jb1 can cause your clutch to slip. Every car is different though. Just be forewarned that the stock clutches are designed for stock power output only. Anything in excess and the clock starts ticking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
This is why threads get so long without useful information. I know all tunes, jb1/4, will cause slippage. I know the clutch in these cars are the Achilles heal. I did not ask if a jb1/4 will cause slippage, I already knew it would, I am simply asking people with a jb1/4 and a manual clutch to post they're mods and settings so other manual driver's can have good information easier obtainable.

Joel

Ready to race!
Would have been nice if people would have just posted some info.

Mileage tuned at and what tune.
Mileage at which noticed slipping.
What clutch they decided to go with and their feelings about said clutch.

Some tips for people that are not aware of things that abuse clutchs.
Like not flooring your car in high gears and low rpms.

Would have been nice if people would have just posted some info.
Would have been nice to use an existing thread.
Btw, why don't YOU provide "some info". Or did you?

I did not ask if a jb1/4 will cause slippage, I already knew it would, I am simply asking people with a jb1/4 and a manual clutch to post they're mods and settings so other manual driver's can have good information easier obtainable.
Are you a bit oblivious?
Have you had any issues with clutch slippage or anything.
Granted, the question mark was missing. :D

Part of the problem is these threads get so filled up with non-essential stuff with people that the question might not even pertain to like for instance I'm sure there are or will be people that comment on this thread that don't even have a manual thus wasting space and making the thread longer and harder to manage.
Why do you think this one would be different? For what reason?

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Would have been nice to use an existing thread.
Btw, why don't YOU provide "some info". Or did you?

Are you a bit oblivious?

Granted, the question mark was missing. :D

Why do you think this one would be different? For what reason?

Do you have a jb1/4? If not then there really is no need for you to comment since you have no info to provide. I'm not trying to sound like a dick so dont take it that way.

Maybe this thread will be different because I will try and Maintain it and keep the pertinent info updated.