GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ordered 4Motion Sportwagen

drshaws

SNOBRDRDAN: The dealer said 8 to 12 weeks but they are going to work with me on my TDI buy back. I am hoping VW will resolve that in time so I don't have to wait longer than that to pick it up. The Alltrack will be available in manual for SE as well but the 4motion GSW is S model only.

The 8-12 weeks from your order date is intriguing. That puts it it Late Oct to Late Nov? I've heard boo from my local about these coming in yet, but this is piquing my interest.

We're in the same dieselgate scenario. Have a 2014 JSW that I can't wait for VW to buy back (so worried on totaling it), but we're torn on buying a MY16 GTI now (has a lot of niceties, and was admittedly damn fun AND comfy in the test drive) vs. trying to wait for a Sportwagen S AWD 6MT.

Given you ordered, are they doing anything reasonable off MSRP for you?

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
The 8-12 weeks from your order date is intriguing. That puts it it Late Oct to Late Nov? I've heard boo from my local about these coming in yet, but this is piquing my interest.

We're in the same dieselgate scenario. Have a 2014 JSW that I can't wait for VW to buy back (so worried on totaling it), but we're torn on buying a MY16 GTI now (has a lot of niceties, and was admittedly damn fun AND comfy in the test drive) vs. trying to wait for a Sportwagen S AWD 6MT.

Given you ordered, are they doing anything reasonable off MSRP for you?

This is the first time I have ever ordered a vehicle, however I get VW Partnership Pricing because I work for a company that supplies the automation to VW to build their cars. I will pay $500 less than dealer cost for the car and VW will reimburse the dealer for the loss. So I really don't know what kind of bargaining room there is on an ordered vehicle. They didn't have their cost yet so I don't even know what it will end up being yet. LOL. The discount is pretty good though. My MK6 TDI Golf MSRP $29,980 ended up being $25,556 TTL out the door.

Last edited:

Progress

Car(s)
2018 VW GTI SE 6MT N
That is correct. You just get the heated seats and 16" wheels. The only thing I am disappointed about is no lighting package. An earlier press release stated you would be able to add the lighting package but that has changed. Leather seats would have been nice but other than that I don't care for anything else really. I don't use the sun roof in my current car and the nav radio cost to much for updates. With the new radio I can get all the missing options through car play from my phone. I don't need park assist or driver assist and would not have added them anyway. I am also not a fan of the higher ride height or plastic body cladding on the Alltrack. Being the base model makes it very inexpensive and I can make it exactly what I want for a really affordable price in the end. I really think they are missing out on a lot of sales by not offering it across the board. On the other hand that would probably cut into sales of the more expensive Alltrack.

Do you or anyone know whether the Ed's replica HID lights fit the MK7 Sportwagen?

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
That is correct. You just get the heated seats and 16" wheels. The only thing I am disappointed about is no lighting package. An earlier press release stated you would be able to add the lighting package but that has changed. Leather seats would have been nice but other than that I don't care for anything else really. I don't use the sun roof in my current car and the nav radio cost to much for updates. With the new radio I can get all the missing options through car play from my phone. I don't need park assist or driver assist and would not have added them anyway. I am also not a fan of the higher ride height or plastic body cladding on the Alltrack. Being the base model makes it very inexpensive and I can make it exactly what I want for a really affordable price in the end. I really think they are missing out on a lot of sales by not offering it across the board. On the other hand that would probably cut into sales of the more expensive Alltrack.

Gotcha....just curious if I missed other stuff

I wouldn't want the driver aides either. But the lighting package would've been nice

This is the first time I have ever ordered a vehicle, however I get VW Partnership Pricing because I work for a company that supplies the automation to VW to build their cars. I will pay $500 less than dealer cost for the car and VW will reimburse the dealer for the loss. So I really don't know what kind of bargaining room there is on an ordered vehicle. They didn't have their cost yet so I don't even know what it will end up being yet. LOL. The discount is pretty good though. My MK6 TDI Golf MSRP $29,980 ended up being $25,556 TTL out the door.

It'll just be whatever incentives that are going on at the time the car arrives/you take delivery.
You should be able to negotiate a little too though since, like you said, they get reimbursed from the partner program already & not eating into their profit (yet)

What dealer are you working with, out of curiousity?

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
Gotcha....just curious if I missed other stuff

I wouldn't want the driver aides either. But the lighting package would've been nice

It'll just be whatever incentives that are going on at the time the car arrives/you take delivery.
You should be able to negotiate a little too though since, like you said, they get reimbursed from the partner program already & not eating into their profit (yet)

What dealer are you working with, out of curiousity?

Yes, I will get any incentives that are going on at the time but there is no room for negotiating as I pay a set price. I actually get the car for less than the dealer paid for it, VW will reimburse for my discount and any incentives plus $500 for the dealer. Basically the dealer will make $500 on this sale. The last car I bought from them I paid about $4500 below MSRP taxes title and licensing out the door. The first 2 VW's I bought from Vyletel and my last one was a 2015 GSW TDI from Al Serra of Grand Blanc

I am using AL SERRA of Grand Blanc for the 2 ordered cars. They have been pleasant to deal with.

Last edited:

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
^^^
I get/have gotten the VW discount too, and that price can be in addition to whatever discount/price the dealer wants to give you as well

I've had competing dealers give me their best price and then mention/throw in the discount on top of it (at the end)....they don't care, because like I said they get reimbursed for it as opposed to eating into their profits directly

Say there is dealer cash (NOT consumer cash/rebate)...they can do another $1000 (or whatever) off the Partner Program price if they're trying hard to make a sale and want to give it to you.

So it truly isn't/doesn't have to be a set price, like you're thinking
(just trying to help you save some money)

Last edited:

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
^^^
I get/have gotten the VW discount too, and that price can be in addition to whatever discount/price the dealer wants to give you as well

I've had competing dealers give me their best price and then mention/throw in the discount on top of it (at the end)....they don't care, because like I said they get reimbursed for it as opposed to eating into their profits directly

Say there is dealer cash (NOT consumer cash/rebate)...they can do another $1000 (or whatever) off the Partner Program price if they're trying hard to make a sale and want to give it to you.

So it truly isn't/doesn't have to be a set price, like you're thinking
(just trying to help you save some money)

Thanks, its worth a try. More money more mods. lol

Hornung418

Passed Driver's Ed
Bumping this up. I went to my dealer to order a GSW 4Motion and they said I couldn't order them yet. How did OP manage to order his in August?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
Bumping this up. I went to my dealer to order a GSW 4Motion and they said I couldn't order them yet. How did OP manage to order his in August?

I happened to be at the dealer for a service appointment and mentioned that the wife and I wanted to place orders when they were available for order. The dealer said that they were not set up in the computer for order yet but they could take my order on paper and forward it to their regional rep and they would get it in the system. I ordered a manual and an automatic. I have since found out that the manual will not be available until the first quarter of next year. After spending the last 2 weeks trying to decide if I wanted to wait for the manual or just get the auto my dealer called and told me they had an SEL DSG Alltrack in stock if I wanted to drive it to make my decision. I drove it on Wednesday and the wife loved it so we cancelled her car and ordered the Alltrack for her and changed mine to the DSG. Although the orders are placed VW has not pulled any orders for build yet and according to the dealer they won't until the official launch in mid October, so it really didn't help me get it any faster but it does put me in line and reserve one for me before over 400,000 diesel owners are scrambling for cars. The dealer won't be able to order from their system until the official launch as well. This and the diesel scandal has been very frustrating to say the least. LOL

Hornung418

Passed Driver's Ed
I happened to be at the dealer for a service appointment and mentioned that the wife and I wanted to place orders when they were available for order. The dealer said that they were not set up in the computer for order yet but they could take my order on paper and forward it to their regional rep and they would get it in the system. I ordered a manual and an automatic. I have since found out that the manual will not be available until the first quarter of next year. After spending the last 2 weeks trying to decide if I wanted to wait for the manual or just get the auto my dealer called and told me they had an SEL DSG Alltrack in stock if I wanted to drive it to make my decision. I drove it on Wednesday and the wife loved it so we cancelled her car and ordered the Alltrack for her and changed mine to the DSG. Although the orders are placed VW has not pulled any orders for build yet and according to the dealer they won't until the official launch in mid October, so it really didn't help me get it any faster but it does put me in line and reserve one for me before over 400,000 diesel owners are scrambling for cars. The dealer won't be able to order from their system until the official launch as well. This and the diesel scandal has been very frustrating to say the least. LOL
Jesus...I see now. My dealer took in a GSW DSG 4Motion in white and I want nothing to do with it...now...do I ask about their GTIs? I need to ditch my Volvo with a blown head gasket.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I drove it on Wednesday and the wife loved it so we cancelled her car and ordered the Alltrack for her and changed mine to the DSG.

Do you think the manual Alltrack will be available before the GSW?
At least then you would habe the option of S or SE

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
Do you think the manual Alltrack will be available before the GSW?
At least then you would habe the option of S or SE

Neither will be available in a manual until 1st quarter next year. I really like the DSG in my wife's diesel GSW. My main concern was if the DSG was programed to shift matching the power band and it is, unlike the auto in the FWD GSW.

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
Jesus...I see now. My dealer took in a GSW DSG 4Motion in white and I want nothing to do with it...now...do I ask about their GTIs? I need to ditch my Volvo with a blown head gasket.

You can look around at other dealers or see if they can trade for the color of your liking unless you are wanting the manual. If you want the manual you will have to wait. But I must say that the DSG is really nice and the 4motion really gets traction. I wish I didn't drive it cause now I can't wait. IT IS KILLING ME......LOL

BtW, any one thinking about the Alltrack, it is very nice with some really cool options but I have a specific set up in mind so I want the GSW S 4motion. Only thing I wish I could get is the leather seating otherwise the GSW S 4motion is perfect for what I want to do.

Last edited:

Hornung418

Passed Driver's Ed
So Q1 for manual cars only. What a bummer. I've been driving Manual cars for the past 10 years and having my 850Turbo shit the bed on me is an excuse to get back behind the wheel. I have a 944 turbo in my garage and I just want to row my own gears. I don't want a computer in a sub $20k base car to shift for me. I think $80k+ supercars are the only ones that should have an Automated Manual Transmission.