Only took 4 days. Pics of clutch.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Nice. Yup.... Looks like it

Rigle

Go Kart Newbie
Be pretty shitty if the dealership i bought this from didnt cover it......or at least the labor since I have already bought a clutch because I was planning on a tune.

Rigle

Go Kart Newbie
stock power? mine will do that as early as 3rd if i get too greedy at like 2500rpm
Yea completely stock. I just bought the car on Monday. Its possible it was traded in because of this and the guy didnt want to fix it.

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
That sucks, mine actually slipped the day I picked it up with 27k on it, then it seemed to go away for a while and came back around 45k. I did ask the Mazda dealer I bought it from about it and they said it was fine of course. Hopefully I'll be able to do a ttrs clutch in the spring.

Rigle

Go Kart Newbie
That sucks, mine actually slipped the day I picked it up with 27k on it, then it seemed to go away for a while and came back around 45k. I did ask the Mazda dealer I bought it from about it and they said it was fine of course. Hopefully I'll be able to do a ttrs clutch in the spring.
That's why I took a video. It seems to be intermittent right now but obviously it will get worse. So I'm not going to let them just brush it off.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Having had a stg2 6spd manual '15 Gti, I'm glad I went dsg for my 18R. I don't miss that weak bitch of a stock clutch at all.

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
That's why I took a video. It seems to be intermittent right now but obviously it will get worse. So I'm not going to let them just brush it off.
You better let them know asap - they're not going to automatically replace it. The longer you take the less likely they will be forking over the cash to fix that...

Rigle

Go Kart Newbie
You better let them know asap - they're not going to automatically replace it. The longer you take the less likely they will be forking over the cash to fix that...
I know. I've already called and left a message that I'm having a problem. They aren't open again til Monday but ill be calling again first thing.

I'm in Massachusetts where there is a lemon law that covers this for 90 days or 3,750 miles. Im not sure if a clutch is specifically covered but you would think 4 days and less than 200 miles a good dealer would do the right thing. It also feels like the pedal is sticking so it could be the slave that is going bad.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
It could be a lot of things. Either way, get it checked out for sure.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I know. I've already called and left a message that I'm having a problem. They aren't open again til Monday but ill be calling again first thing.

I'm in Massachusetts where there is a lemon law that covers this for 90 days or 3,750 miles. Im not sure if a clutch is specifically covered but you would think 4 days and less than 200 miles a good dealer would do the right thing. It also feels like the pedal is sticking so it could be the slave that is going bad.
Lemon law covers a used car?