GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

On the fence to keep it or turn in?

volks6

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
So is some of stupid shit people say to make themselves feel better about their auto choices.

Vw is famous for electronic gremlins. And look around not every new make and model out there is half plastic under the hood.
Nope every car sold today in the price range we are talking about has plastic under the hood and complex electronics.
As for the VW gremlins sure they do but every car maker on every forum talks about electrical gremlins.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
BMW has been using plastic water pump impellers since the 90's,

Not true. Yes, the E36 had a really crappy cooling system and used a plastic impeller on the water pump that was failure-prone. But the E46's had a composite impeller and are FAR more reliable. What they're using since then, I don't know, but the cooling system isn't something that you have to pro-actively refresh like you did back in the '90s.

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
Not true. Yes, the E36 had a really crappy cooling system and used a plastic impeller on the water pump that was failure-prone. But the E46's had a composite impeller and are FAR more reliable. What they're using since then, I don't know, but the cooling system isn't something that you have to pro-actively refresh like you did back in the '90s.

Didn't know they switched, was just making a point that it has been used for a long time.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I kind of like the Buick wagon thingy. I bet you can get a healthy discount and 0% interest in the coming weeks.

Ramon64124

Drag Racing Champion
I kind of like the Buick wagon thingy. I bet you can get a healthy discount and 0% interest in the coming weeks.

They are great but i wouldn't buy one new. It's still a GM and it will depreciate as soon as you drive off at least 30%. I've made that mistake.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
They are great but i wouldn't buy one new. It's still a GM and it will depreciate as soon as you drive off at least 30%. I've made that mistake.

If you can get a steep discount and 0% financing, you'd likely come out dollar wise the same as a used one and it won't be used. More warranty on a GM product isn't a bad thing.

It's kind of funny that GM is building a cool wagon today that would have sold well a decade or more ago.

Last edited:

_cruster

Ready to race!
If you can get a steep discount and 0% financing, you'd likely come out dollar wise the same as a used one and it won't be used. More warranty on a GM product isn't a bad thing.

It's kind of funny that GM is building a cool wagon today that would have sold well a decade or more ago.

It's discontinued after 2020, and I am still seeing a few new '18s left on dealer lots, so...steep discounts should be a given. Agreed 100% that you could likely come out with a new car and a warranty for less than a used version.