GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil Leak Under Warranty with Tune

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
but.. but... but my son has to poop
Don't get me wrong on this, grabbing people's genitals to get on airplanes is bad, and the immigration checkpoints in Kentucky demanding papers is also bad, so some things should probably be resisted.

A hippie or wannabe militia member driving without a license and insurance because you're "not engaging in commerce and joinder with the state of Oregon" isn't civil disobedience, that's simply begging for a ride on Sparky.

Those kids are going to be so damaged. (and that's coming from ME, so you know it's bad) Hopefully they have a relative who closes their mouth to breathe when they inevitably lose custody.

Only losers use Tapatalk

RichardCranium

Ready to race!
If you had actually read the page, they will recognize Federal Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act issue by the FTC.

Which means jack shit....

People on car forums seem to think invoking the name of the almighty Magnuson-Moss is a get out of jail free card for warranty repairs and it's not.

What will happen is they'll deny your warranty claim and you'll either have to front the money yourself to fix it or let your car sit unfixed. You'll then have to sue them, which will take months, if not years to resolve, all the while they have better lawyers on staff than you do that deal with this stuff all the time.

Good luck.

ChronicSPD

Ready to race!
Don't get me wrong on this, grabbing people's genitals to get on airplanes is bad, and the immigration checkpoints in Kentucky demanding papers is also bad, so some things should probably be resisted.

A hippie or wannabe militia member driving without a license and insurance because you're "not engaging in commerce and joinder with the state of Oregon" isn't civil disobedience, that's simply begging for a ride on Sparky.

Those kids are going to be so damaged. (and that's coming from ME, so you know it's bad) Hopefully they have a relative who closes their mouth to breathe when they inevitably lose custody.

Only losers use Tapatalk

Yeah, trying to use kids as an excuse to break laws is just low...

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Nah, definitely related. If I were gambler, I'd bet VW was definitely trying to get out of it, and asking the dealership for specific pics. When you were up front and told them you coded your BT car yourself, they probably demanded the dealer try to find a way to blame your work, which they failed at.

Only losers use Tapatalk

Service writer had a boner for getting it denied, second question he asked me (first was for the registration) was if the car was tuned.

They had no interest in touching a modded car and initially led me to believe i was on my own. I told him it was VWs decision not his, so submit the fkn paperwork. He decided to add pics of every mod, going out of his way to get it denied.

VW didn't give a shit and approved it immediately. It's a known issue.

He got the last laugh though, his shitty tech made a mess of everything he touched and I had to do 80% of it myself anyway. It's already leaking again too (the one part I didn't redo).

cb1111

Only losers use Tapatalk
For those of you unfamiliar with the Sovereign Citizen movement, here is a synopsis.

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
For those of you unfamiliar with the Sovereign Citizen movement, here is a synopsis.

33% that, 66% DUI convicted drivers that are dumb enough to think everyone else is dumb enough that they can legalese their way out of a driving while disqualified because they carry a pocket constitution and cue cards (or pocket Magnusson Moss handout)

Service writer had a boner for getting it denied, .

Of course I rub people the wrong way and so probably run into more "friction" than most, but you seem like a pretty nice guy. You must look like the last guy he caught his wife dating.

Only losers use Tapatalk

Last edited:

RichardCranium

Ready to race!
I'm thankful to have a performance minded dealer who will warranty anything not powertrain related regardless of tuning.

Well, yeah, they should.

They shouldn't deny you warranty work on a piece of interior trim, for example, because you have a tune.

If anything serious/expensive breaks, it's going to be VWoA making the call anyway, not the dealer.

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
It's why I always keep portable lube with me, every where I go. Random oil stains on my driveway are from my pocket leaking, not my transmission.

Lessens friction, and so I rub people more the right way.

Only losers use Tapatalk

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Well, yeah, they should.

They shouldn't deny you warranty work on a piece of interior trim, for example, because you have a tune.

If anything serious/expensive breaks, it's going to be VWoA making the call anyway, not the dealer.

Right but some dealers will tell you that it's not covered even if it's not powertrain related because they get their money faster if you pay and with far less paperwork.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Of course I rub people the wrong way and so probably run into more "friction" than most, but you seem like a pretty nice guy. You must look like the last guy he caught his wife dating.

Only losers use Tapatalk

It was bizarre, he acted like the warranty cost came out of his paycheck.

cb1111

It was bizarre, he acted like the warranty cost came out of his paycheck.
Some dealers are just jackasses. Some dealers have been burned by VW and are super cautious and some are reasonable.

You got a jackass that got burned.