GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official MK7 Muffler Delete FAQ/Review Thread

Ricked_Em

Go Kart Champion
I've considered building a jig and selling bolt on axle back exhausts with four options:

Single exit aluminized or 304 stainless

Dual exit aluminized or 304 stainless

Not sure how interested people would be since there are local options for muffler deletes. The one I built pictured above is just 3" mandrel bends I had laying around and is welded on. Production units would have a similar to OEM style clamp for diy install (cut you suitcase off, bolt on delete. Fully reverse able if desired)
I would be if you keep the welds that clean. Looks great! What about tips?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I'd buy one if someone sold it pre-fab. I don't want to go to a muffler shop and wait for someone to fab one up from scratch.

I can build one and ship it out, esp if we got a group buy together to make building a jig worth it. Otherwise I gotta build each one on my car which takes a little longer

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I would be if you keep the welds that clean. Looks great! What about tips?

Thank you, the welds will all look that good or better. I've been building exhausts, charge pipes, ect for about ten years now and have been kicking around investing the time and money to do production runs of mk7 parts.

Tips would be available, 3.5" or 4". About $30 per tip either way

https://m.summitracing.com/parts/flo-15317

Last edited:

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
Thank you, the welds will all look that good or better. I've been building exhausts, charge pipes, ect for about ten years now and have been kicking around investing the time and money to do production runs of mk7 parts.

Tips would be available, the one I ran on my mk6 was a 3" double wall that looked really good for a fair price. This one is 3" and I've had a hard time finding a weld on tip short enough for my liking. As you can see in the picture there isn't a ton of room for a long tip in there without doing ugly sharper than nessiary bends

I will buy one if the price is reasonable.

Ricked_Em

Go Kart Champion
Oh I'm not hating at all. Some guys on the fb page do group buys some times for $550 for the catback. I was thinking it would be in the $300 range for the dual.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk