GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Carbon Steel Metallic GTI / Golf Thread

popnloc

Passed Driver's Ed
^ Looks great. Love the RG's.

Any more pics from the side? Looking for a wheel that actually looks good at stock ride height.
I'm lowered on ED springs.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

njavier03

Ready to race!
Is it just me or are your rear wheels bigger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CDM MK7

Ready to race!
I'm lowered on ED springs.

Ah, ok. Looked a little higher on the other shot.

Loving it man! I'm very new to the VW world coming from 15 years of owning/building/racing Hondas, but I'm already a huge fan of JDM wheels on our GTI's. Advan RG and RS, or some good old fashioned TE37's or anything from Work just makes them pop.

Enjoy!

popnloc

Passed Driver's Ed
Ah, ok. Looked a little higher on the other shot.

Loving it man! I'm very new to the VW world coming from 15 years of owning/building/racing Hondas, but I'm already a huge fan of JDM wheels on our GTI's. Advan RG and RS, or some good old fashioned TE37's or anything from Work just makes them pop.

Enjoy!
I love the te37s since they can look good on pretty much every car, but seemed impossible to find used in 5x112. Luckily I found these wheels from another jdm enthusiast with a GTI.

xmonkey

Passed Driver's Ed
New owner here, finally have it in a state to show off :D Just cosmetic stuff for now.

Really great car! Glad to see such a strong community around it.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Seeing this picture makes me really wish I could get my hands on some euro headlights for my LP equipped SE. The amber side marker on the US lights ruins the aggressive front end on the MK7.

You can put tinted 3M vinyl over the ambers like RJ did. Ask him/look at pics of his car.

Davedough

I've had an account here for a while, but always seemed to spend time on the "other VW enthusiast" website. I never realized this one is much more active and seemingly has more civilized members. Anyway, I love a thread full of all my doppelgangers. Here's my 2016 CSG Autobahn. Not much done to it but some cosmetic stuff. I'm actually looking at buying a JB4 within the next couple of weeks, so that should be fun.

thaseint

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI SE 6MT
You can put tinted 3M vinyl over the ambers like RJ did. Ask him/look at pics of his car.

I was thinking about that but any crafty DIY automotive project I take on ends up either looking like crap or my OCD kicks in and even though most people wouldn't notice the fact that I know it bothers me.

I had actually emailed ECS to see if they would ever put together a side marker tint kit. They have something similar for some Audis for like $20. That'd be a bit cheaper and probably look way better than anything I could put together.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Seeing this picture makes me really wish I could get my hands on some euro headlights for my LP equipped SE. The amber side marker on the US lights ruins the aggressive front end on the MK7.

Wow I learn something new on here all the time. I had to look at other photos-- never noticed that detail before. So what's on the euro headlights. Are they clear (silver?) reflectors?

And if you 3M over them, wouldn't you basically be removing the function of the reflector?

thaseint

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI SE 6MT
Wow I learn something new on here all the time. I had to look at other photos-- never noticed that detail before. So what's on the euro headlights. Are they clear (silver?) reflectors?

And if you 3M over them, wouldn't you basically be removing the function of the reflector?

The reflectors are clear on the euro headlights, the honeycomb pattern on the marker combined with the chrome in the headlight gives them the gunmetal look. I've seen a brand new set of the OEM VW euro lights on eBay for around $1200...a bit pricey for such a small detail.

By tinting then you aren't eliminating them but rather reducing their function to a degree depending on the tint you use. They'll still work but just not as well. Unfortunately, one of the DOT requirements for the US is that there needs to be an amber front side reflector visible from the side profile of the vehicle.