GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official 2014 NFL Season Chat Thread

09vdubgti

Banned
Car(s)
mkV GTi
Can't believe she still married him though.

I wonder if she still would've, if there was a prenuptial agreement done beforehand.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I think the Ray Rice stuff is BS. We all knew what happened, what does it matter that there is a video now? What does that really change?

This is an interesting point. But with the way the media is and how overly sensitive everyone is to everything, that is why.

Rice is a coward for hitting a woman like that, whether she hit him first or not. He can certainly defend himself and restrain her. But no need to punch a woman in the face.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Also, many of you may hate the 49ers but you have to love the way they embarrassed the Cowboys on opening day.

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
This is an interesting point. But with the way the media is and how overly sensitive everyone is to everything, that is why.

Rice is a coward for hitting a woman like that, whether she hit him first or not. He can certainly defend himself and restrain her. But no need to punch a woman in the face.

Oh I agree I just don't get how his career went from a minor set back to basically over.

I hate the Ravens so I really couldn't care less but it's still BS.

We knew he knocked her out, a video doesn't change how I feel about him. I fully knew that Ray Rice punched and KO'd his now wife, he admitted it and apologized for it. The video is just the video, nothing shocking, nothing I didn't already know.

I mean what did everyone think happened in that elevator?

What I think happened was that the media flipped out when they only gave him 2 games which promoted an immediate change to the consequences of domestic abuse. As soon as this video came out and the Ravens cut him it gave Goodell a perfect chance to fix his "mistake" and try and save face for the NFL.

EMaster24

Ready to race!
Goodell and his handling of suspensions and fines is a complete joke and has been for a while. Is it possible that the owners could all vote to have him "impeached" so to speak and bring in someone competent? At this point I think Rob Ford could run the league better. And yet he continues to rake in the money. He really would fit better working for the government, where getting paid for being incompetent is par for the course.

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
Goodell and his handling of suspensions and fines is a complete joke and has been for a while. Is it possible that the owners could all vote to have him "impeached" so to speak and bring in someone competent? At this point I think Rob Ford could run the league better. And yet he continues to rake in the money. He really would fit better working for the government, where getting paid for being incompetent is par for the course.

A bit off topic but a lot of people, including myself, would agree that Ford has actually done a good job running the city. His extra curricular activities.... well thats a different discussion lol.

If Goodell did as good of a job as Ford it would be a major improvement haha.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Oh I agree I just don't get how his career went from a minor set back to basically over.

I hate the Ravens so I really couldn't care less but it's still BS.

We knew he knocked her out, a video doesn't change how I feel about him. I fully knew that Ray Rice punched and KO'd his now wife, he admitted it and apologized for it. The video is just the video, nothing shocking, nothing I didn't already know.

I mean what did everyone think happened in that elevator?

What I think happened was that the media flipped out when they only gave him 2 games which promoted an immediate change to the consequences of domestic abuse. As soon as this video came out and the Ravens cut him it gave Goodell a perfect chance to fix his "mistake" and try and save face for the NFL.

Agree 100%. As soon as the media got involved, it blew up in Goodell's face. WE only care about what the media wants us to care about. We should be more concerned with child hunger or child sex trafficking.... but that is not news today. Ray Rice punching his wife on video is.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
It is also stupid that they will continually show this. Imagine how the victim feels now. Already is dealing with enough, now has public embarrassment.

andylaiphoto

Go Kart Champion
She hit him before they got into the elevator.

Football player or not. Both equal, right?

There is a obvious size disparity in this case that complicates things but the basic point still needs to be addressed.

Also, why aren't women fighting to be forced to sign up for Selective Service when they turn 18? I have a theory.....

Yea watched it again and saw her swat at him in the elevator.

In no way are they equal. In organized fight sports there's weight classes and experience levels that are in effect. This would be like Anderson Silva against Taylor Swift.

He had no reason to hit her like that not unless she's coming at him with some serious possibility of injury, which he knew was not the case.

Should have taken a pointer from Jay-Z.

EMaster24

Ready to race!
A bit off topic but a lot of people, including myself, would agree that Ford has actually done a good job running the city. His extra curricular activities.... well thats a different discussion lol.

If Goodell did as good of a job as Ford it would be a major improvement haha.

Interesting, all I have really heard about is the extra curricular activities, I guess doing good things for a city aren't newsworthy unfortunately.

It is also stupid that they will continually show this. Imagine how the victim feels now. Already is dealing with enough, now has public embarrassment.

Yep. It's a shame TMZ got a hold of it. I wish TMZ would have some humongous scandal that completely wrecks them.

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
Yea watched it again and saw her swat at him in the elevator.

In no way are they equal. In organized fight sports there's weight classes and experience levels that are in effect. This would be like Anderson Silva against Taylor Swift.

He had no reason to hit her like that not unless she's coming at him with some serious possibility of injury, which he knew was not the case.

Should have taken a pointer from Jay-Z.

She also spit on him. I'm not talking about the gentlemanly thing to do. I'm talking about treating men and women equally. If a man spits on you, you can knock his ass out it at least try. It's assault

The point I was trying to make, poorly, is that women only want equal rights/protections when it benefits them. And I shouldnt limiit to women, everyone is like this.