Official 2014 NFL Season Chat Thread

09vdubgti

Banned
Car(s)
mkV GTi

Devilchrono

Ready to race!
Did they throw a flag at that?

They did, and you can bet he'll receive a fine for that come tomorrow as well.

On another note, it looks like the Rams really are going to play for the number 1 pick next year for Mariota. Though it doesn't help when the OC for them sucks and won't call a pass play that's more than 5 yards past the line of scrimmage.

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
Sounds harsh to me. Ray Rice made a mistake and the original suspension should have been enough. Maybe 8 games was more fitting but this is ridiculous, IMO

NFL players punch other dudes like this on the field every Sunday. If you want equal rights, you don't get to claim extra protection when you punch a guy and get hit back.

Being a jerk isn't against the law. I know the law isn't the issue here but still......

andylaiphoto

Go Kart Champion
Sounds harsh to me. Ray Rice made a mistake and the original suspension should have been enough. Maybe 8 games was more fitting but this is ridiculous, IMO

NFL players punch other dudes like this on the field every Sunday. If you want equal rights, you don't get to claim extra protection when you punch a guy and get hit back.

Being a jerk isn't against the law. I know the law isn't the issue here but still......

He hit her first and she's far from a football player.

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
He hit her first and she's far from a football player.

She hit him before they got into the elevator.

Football player or not. Both equal, right?

There is a obvious size disparity in this case that complicates things but the basic point still needs to be addressed.

Also, why aren't women fighting to be forced to sign up for Selective Service when they turn 18? I have a theory.....

chip1

Ready to race!
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell announced sweeping changes to the personal conduct policy concerning domestic violence cases. Violations regarding assault, battery, domestic violence or sexual assault that involve physical force "will be subject to a suspension without pay of six games for a first offense." A second offense will result in banishment from the NFL for at least one year.

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
I think the Ray Rice stuff is BS. We all knew what happened, what does it matter that there is a video now? What does that really change?