GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Off-topic 2015 Audi RS8 Turbo, to Tune or not to tune

GOLF_R1

I’m the owner of multiple Audi’s including an 802HP S8+ built by MTM known as the Talladega R.

Besides that car I have a 2017 RS3 tuned by MTM and an 18 A6.
And in the past I’ve had an RS5, S5, and a Q5

Audi has confirmed multiple times they won’t build an RS8 due to their belief that there is no market share for an RS8 to exist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
You should follow your own advice. The RS8 has 605hp and capable of 650hp.

Once again, the RS8 does not exist. The S8 has 605hp and is capable of 760hp+ tuned...

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
You should follow your own advice. The RS8 has 605hp and capable of 650hp.
You are either trolling or on drugs.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Once again, the RS8 does not exist. The S8 has 605hp and is capable of 760hp+ tuned...

Maybe not here in the States but when I was at Ramstein last month somebody on base had a blue avant one. At first I thought it was a new RS4 but it said RS8 on the grill and rear. Maybe it was really a RS4 and the person just replaced the emblems or it was a demo car. I don't know but I know what I saw. If I had my cell phone I would have taken pics.

Last edited:

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Maybe not here in the States but when I was at Ramstein last month somebody on base had a blue advant one. At first I thought it was a new RS4 but it said RS8 on the grill and rear. Maybe it was really a RS4 and the person just replaced the emblems or it was a demo car. I don't know but I know what I saw. If I had my cell phone I would have taken pics.
Maybe it was a RS6.. The RS8 does not exist anywhere in the world.

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
Poor OP. Everyone just squabbling on this thread and no one wants to answer his question as to "to tune, or not to tune". My opinion is you can never have too much power. I would tune it. For the easiest route, go APR and call it a day.

Coolrunning39

Go Kart Newbie
Poor OP. Everyone just squabbling on this thread and no one wants to answer his question as to "to tune, or not to tune". My opinion is you can never have too much power. I would tune it. For the easiest route, go APR and call it a day.

True statement, my bad about that.

TUNE THE SUCKER

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
I answered it in the 5th reply. 10's on a stage 2 tune, I'd say YES.

There is a RS6 Avant in Europe.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion

I already said tune it in my first reply before any "squabbling". Also for the love of God no APR.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Ok ok ok, so if it is in fact an S8 we are talking about here, then here is a simple graph from APR to show you what to expect from an ECU tune...

[/img]

That's uhhhh, pretty impressive.

Edit: Oops. Didn't realize that was STG 2 w/ 100 oct.

Here is graph for STG 1 w/ 93 oct.:

Still pretty good...

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I’m the owner of multiple Audi’s including an 802HP S8+ built by MTM known as the Talladega R.

Besides that car I have a 2017 RS3 tuned by MTM and an 18 A6.
And in the past I’ve had an RS5, S5, and a Q5

Audi has confirmed multiple times they won’t build an RS8 due to their belief that there is no market share for an RS8 to exist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The blue one. I neeeds it.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
If you meant to say "avant", further proof that no such car exists.

Even if the RS8 did exist...we all know Audi of America would not bring it stateside lol.

Correct, avant but my fat fingers added in the d. I'd settle for the RS6 avant performance nogaro blue which is rated at 705 hp. But, it's only in Europe.