GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Nine81's Silver Wiener Build

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Scooty Puff Jr
yeah my next log my tuner wants 3rd gear to 6500 and then a 4th gear pull "if safe" LOL.....I have NO idea where I'd do a 4th gear pull.....I'm already hauling in 3rd at 6500.....
Yeah, I start getting sketched out on flat, straight pavement up to around 120. I've had it at ~140 a handful of times and even in ideal conditions in a proper environment it's not exactly heartwarming.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
guess I just need to have some pulls on a dyno

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
Anti-surge housings should be available this summer as well if you want some spoolyboi noizes.
1715797321685.gif

19birel

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5
6k and 3rd gear in my car is f^%$n moving, and pulls hard all the way there. 4th gear and 6k I better be on a airport runway or something cuz that's the other side of the speedo lol. True it may running out of steam at 6k, but it's still pulling well or at least mine does.
Are you on E85? Probably worth noting the R i was in was on 93. IS38 cars can definitely boogie regardless, and the R I was in wasn't slow, it just didn't deliver it's performance in the way I was looking for.

For context, prior to my GTI in it's current form, my favorite car to do a pull in was my former E60 BMW 530xi. Being an n/a straight-six bimmer it had no torque, but it made a respectable 255bhp and peak power was at the top of the rev range. It was always so rewarding taking it to redline bc it just pulled and pulled. My current daily, a Stage 2+ A4 is way faster than the BMW but after the initial torque shove down low it pulls hard but the "party" sensation is over. To me is38 reminded me of the A4's power delivery, my DTR reminds me of the bimmer. Hopefully that explanation makes sense lol

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Are you on E85? Probably worth noting the R i was in was on 93. IS38 cars can definitely boogie regardless, and the R I was in wasn't slow, it just didn't deliver it's performance in the way I was looking for.

For context, prior to my GTI in it's current form, my favorite car to do a pull in was my former E60 BMW 530xi. Being an n/a straight-six bimmer it had no torque, but it made a respectable 255bhp and peak power was at the top of the rev range. It was always so rewarding taking it to redline bc it just pulled and pulled. My current daily, a Stage 2+ A4 is way faster than the BMW but after the initial torque shove down low it pulls hard but the "party" sensation is over. To me is38 reminded me of the A4's power delivery, my DTR reminds me of the bimmer. Hopefully that explanation makes sense lol
No I am on 93, but it typically has a 10-15% E content. Can't really imagine running E but here I sit collecting parts to support a Mamba 3076.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Scooty Puff Jr
Riiiiight about where I wanted it. 18x8 et45 with 10mm spacer, BFI dust caps, and extended lugs. Going to get on a wider tire soon so it should just barely be within the confines of the fender arch without rubbing. The suspension should settle a little lower again, but I'm pleased with my choice. I figure a 235 on the meatier side should be just right.

1000007233.jpg

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
^That was the spec on my BBS wheels and yes 10mm spacer. I tried a 235 tire at first but the rear rubbed the fender lip during big suspension dips. Dropped down to a 225 and that was the magic size. Pic for reference of 225/40 and it's either a Indy 500 or PS4S:

BBS.PNG

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Scooty Puff Jr
I almost waited to get the tires before getting spacers, but I'm impatient and here we are. I figure in the worst case scenario, I'll pull the spacers off and get smaller ones -- but I'm at the tallest the rear will go and there's a moderate amount of gap (like two-three fingers IIRC) so I don't think I'll have rubbing. I'd like the front to come down a bit, but I gotta get our driveway graded a little different, the only car we have that doesn't scrape on the way in is the CX-5 and I'd like to even it out a bit more.

y'all have it on point though for functional stance, I hope mine works out similarly.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
My stance is different now with the Rays Wheels. Went up to 8.5 wide and +45 offset. I dont have a good pic yet as I'm not happy with the stance. The rear rubs all the time now and the front is too tucked with the wide CF fenders. I had planned on spacing the fronts out but that is a no go because the tire makes contact with the OEM bumper mounting tab. I need to figure something out as the idea was to run like a 255 wide tire with the wide fenders. Maybe I'll have some time this weekend to take a closer look.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Scooty Puff Jr
My stance is different now with the Rays Wheels. Went up to 8.5 wide and +45 offset. I dont have a good pic yet as I'm not happy with the stance. The rear rubs all the time now and the front is too tucked with the wide CF fenders. I had planned on spacing the fronts out but that is a no go because the tire makes contact with the OEM bumper mounting tab. I need to figure something out as the idea was to run like a 255 wide tire with the wide fenders. Maybe I'll have some time this weekend to take a closer look.
I keep kicking myself that I didn't get 8.5" wide, but I really liked the style of the wheels and they were a closeout on Tire Rack, so a smoking deal. I think most of the grippy tires run a bit wide anyway, worst case scenario I'll have to dial in a little camber.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
My 8.5 wide I want to put 245 on when I switch to summers, buuuut not sure if a squared off tire will run. DWS tires are rounded