GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Nine81's Silver Wiener Build

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
My 8.5 wide I want to put 245 on when I switch to summers, buuuut not sure if a squared off tire will run. DWS tires are rounded
Good to know -- I think sending it with the 235s is the answer for me. I got really tempted to stuff a 245 on the 8" wheels, but I worry about a bit of pinch making the car not feel as crisp. Right now it's crisp riiiiight up until the tires see a whisper of power, then they just spin.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Mmmm, meaty. I wanted to make an Arby's joke here but they're not all that fat compared to what a lot of guys are running, but I'm still excited for them. Working with a friend to see when they can get mounted & balanced, and I'm gonna try to convince myself that now is the time to put the OEM TIP back on. Continental ExtremeContact Sport 02 in 235/40/18.

1000007321.jpg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I'm so close to ordering the same......

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
I'm so close to ordering the same......
I make itty bitty power comparatively, but they feel very sticky to the hand. Like, close enough to the 200tw RT660s when those came in. I'll give a brief review once they're installed. Also Tire Rack was stupid fast with the shipping. I ordered Friday morning, and from the DE warehouse to me in central PA I had them on my doorstep a titch before noon. AND there's a rebate til the end of the month for the Contis, $110 gift card. And check your credit card offers as well, I got 4% bonus cashback on them.

So really, I couldn't afford not to buy them :ROFLMAO: now to survive on rice & beans for the next two weeks

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I make itty bitty power comparatively, but they feel very sticky to the hand. Like, close enough to the 200tw RT660s when those came in. I'll give a brief review once they're installed. Also Tire Rack was stupid fast with the shipping. I ordered Friday morning, and from the DE warehouse to me in central PA I had them on my doorstep a titch before noon. AND there's a rebate til the end of the month for the Contis, $110 gift card. And check your credit card offers as well, I got 4% bonus cashback on them.

So really, I couldn't afford not to buy them :ROFLMAO: now to survive on rice & beans for the next two weeks
Honey, they were on sale. I saved you $200

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
There's a Vortex std for $1k too👀
man I thought we were friends :cry: stop tempting me!

fr I'm thinking the plan might be MPI and flex capability next, THEN look at hybrid. My goal is to continue to enjoy the little 'oh wow it's faster' bumps occasionally, rather than just have it all at once and not have any further room to gain. But unfortunately all I have is expensive hobbies, and it's probably going to be time to buy some new server hardware soon, and I've gotta save up for Monterey Car Week in August. There's so much I want to do/address and so little time. But I'm looking forward to getting the tires on this weekend, and then in less than two weeks we're out to Pittsburgh for a work function and to finally get some binders out of my laundry room :p I'll try to also remember to throw some extra sleeves in there if I can find them, so there's room for notes/whatever else.

19birel

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5
man I thought we were friends :cry: stop tempting me!

fr I'm thinking the plan might be MPI and flex capability next, THEN look at hybrid. My goal is to continue to enjoy the little 'oh wow it's faster' bumps occasionally, rather than just have it all at once and not have any further room to gain. But unfortunately all I have is expensive hobbies, and it's probably going to be time to buy some new server hardware soon, and I've gotta save up for Monterey Car Week in August. There's so much I want to do/address and so little time. But I'm looking forward to getting the tires on this weekend, and then in less than two weeks we're out to Pittsburgh for a work function and to finally get some binders out of my laundry room :p I'll try to also remember to throw some extra sleeves in there if I can find them, so there's room for notes/whatever else.
Friends don't let friends miss out on dealz 😅 That makes sense though, also having those supporting mods in place will better position when you do go hybrid.

I feel you on the expensive hobby thing though, I've been putting money into mechanically and cosmetically refreshing my daily, and saving for a trip to Germany, my camera equipment could use an upgrade too. There's always something!

Looking forward to meeting you when you make it to Pgh!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
For what it's worth, I wouldn't but a used turbo. Just doesn't seem worth the risk to save a couple hundred bucks.

Now, a $1300 bnib pmax is a different story 🤣

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Friends don't let friends miss out on dealz 😅 That makes sense though, also having those supporting mods in place will better position when you do go hybrid.

I feel you on the expensive hobby thing though, I've been putting money into mechanically and cosmetically refreshing my daily, and saving for a trip to Germany, my camera equipment could use an upgrade too. There's always something!

Looking forward to meeting you when you make it to Pgh!
Yeah, I'm leaving the HPFP alone and figure MPI + LPFP will support more than enough power. Photography's rad, I'm very loosely aware of some of what's involved but most of my awareness comes from Photoshop and a bit of graphic design background.

Looking forward to meeting you as well! I'm not certain when I'll be done on the 19th with the work function (we're arriving around noon and will probably be finishing up by 5-6 I'd guess), otherwise on the 20th we just have a meeting in the morning and will probably be freed by 10-11AM. There's no way that I'm missing out on Hot Chickn over there by Forbes Tower. Either way, I'll PM you my contact info and we can work out meeting up in whatever fashion works for you.

@Acadia18 @swcrow you guys are gonna make me broke AF lol there's so much that needs done before I can buy a turbo... but IIRC the 2260 is sorta between a Vortex and an XL, which sounds like the sweet spot IMO. I don't get a ton of places to really wind it out either, but I think low 400s with a conservative tune is the goal. And then maybe a spicy 'run my buddy who's been instigating' tune ;)

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Yeah, I'm leaving the HPFP alone and figure MPI + LPFP will support more than enough power. Photography's rad, I'm very loosely aware of some of what's involved but most of my awareness comes from Photoshop and a bit of graphic design background.

Looking forward to meeting you as well! I'm not certain when I'll be done on the 19th with the work function (we're arriving around noon and will probably be finishing up by 5-6 I'd guess), otherwise on the 20th we just have a meeting in the morning and will probably be freed by 10-11AM. There's no way that I'm missing out on Hot Chickn over there by Forbes Tower. Either way, I'll PM you my contact info and we can work out meeting up in whatever fashion works for you.

@Acadia18 @swcrow you guys are gonna make me broke AF lol there's so much that needs done before I can buy a turbo... but IIRC the 2260 is sorta between a Vortex and an XL, which sounds like the sweet spot IMO. I don't get a ton of places to really wind it out either, but I think low 400s with a conservative tune is the goal. And then maybe a spicy 'run my buddy who's been instigating' tune ;)
going to get on a dyno June/July timeframe so I'll let you know at least with hpfp and E30 what you can make

Jmitchell4873

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Mk8 GTI
For those of you considering the ECS02.......I'll vouch for them. If you want the best wet weather performance, look no further. I got caught in a deluge and they were absolutely phenomenal. I found myself trying to feel any "sketchiness" and was able to push a quick pace on public roads. Dry performance would be right on par with PS4S IMO, but for less money and noticeably better wet performance.....Conti has me hooked.

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
but IIRC the 2260 is sorta between a Vortex and an XL, which sounds like the sweet spot IMO. I don't get a ton of places to really wind it out either, but I think low 400s with a conservative tune is the goal. And then maybe a spicy 'run my buddy who's been instigating' tune ;)
2260 is much closer to IS38, usually about 30whp more; good bit less power than Vortex standard.