Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
Son I went quicker than that with an IS38 and it died before the 1/8 mile:p:D

i am quite happy with my time. Most people see boss500 and think it will be crazy fast but a 2867 is not much bigger than an is38.
my goal for next year is to get it into the 11s on the same tires. ill be adding mpi so i should be able to run about 4-5 more psi and ill go from there and see if i need to do any more mods to achieve my goal.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
i am quite happy with my time. Most people see boss500 and think it will be crazy fast but a 2867 is not much bigger than an is38.
my goal for next year is to get it into the 11s on the same tires. ill be adding mpi so i should be able to run about 4-5 more psi and ill go from there and see if i need to do any more mods to achieve my goal.

Im busting your balls.

You'll run 11s easily with a tire. You have the MPH already.

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
Im busting your balls.

You'll run 11s easily with a tire. You have the MPH already.

i know. just sayin'.

i am actually very happy with his time, regardless of where it places me in mk7 history!!!
I actually had a bit more in it as i wheel hopped a bit in first and then it hooked. I could have raised the requested TQ values in 1st a bit and in 2nd alot more since i had the TQ values set more to street levels and the track was hooking pretty well that day.

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie

Moves me up one spot. All info the same except DA was 2600

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

local

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19R
Did you do weight reduction? -No, full weight. I'm about 230lbs for reference

Are you TCU tuned? -APR TCU

Did you turn off Cobb TC? -No, there are 3 settings right? should i turn them all to 0? Also, i have both APR and Cobb launch control kind of fighting with eachohter.. i try to leave on the cobb since it builds boost. Should i try the apr one? It seems a little gimped in comparison.. idk

What RPM do you launch and shift at? -I was leaving between 5500-6300. did not notice much of a difference. All these runs i let the trans shift every time without my input/ interference

Also that tire psi is on the low side in my opinion. Did you try higher psi settings to see if it affected your 60s. I feel the higher psi without sacrificing 60s the better. I had better results with the higher PSI. -I was advised to try a little lower but it resulted in slower et/ 60ft. i too noticed better times with more psi

Sorry just saw this, see replies above :)

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
'17 Golf Sportwagen S 4Motion. APR IS38 and DSG tunes, AFE intake, AWE downpipe, JB4 4PSI stack, on 19" street wheels & tires. ATCO raceway on 10/12/18, DA approximately 500'. Fuel 50/50 93 & 100 octane Cam 2.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

8055WAGEN

Go Kart Champion
17 Golf Sportwagen S 4Motion. IS20 JB4, BBE downpipe, Magic IC on 17" INDY 500. US131 raceway on 10/13/18, DA 316'. Fuel 93octane. Seats removed.

12.73 @ 107.5IMG_20181013_143450_766.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

W8 4 ME

'17 Golf Sportwagen S 4Motion. APR IS38 and DSG tunes, BMS intake, APR downpipe, Revo IC, JB4 4PSI stack, on 17" all season tires. US131 Raceway on 10/13/18, DA approximately 316'. 100% 93 octane pump gas. Full weight.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Congrats. Another 1.8 into the 11s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk