GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Golf R Owner

2016_Golf_R

Ready to race!
What's up guys! I've had quite a few imports but this is my first VW. The DSG, interior and overall build is quite stunning for this price segment. It's surprisingly strong as well. This comes from driving a stage 3 Evolution X previously. Does anyone know the turbo that is providing this wonderful boost curve?

I'd love to do some little cosmetic mods in the near future. I'll search around the forum when time permits, but are there some particular front lips, rear spoilers and springs that you guys would recommend? Looking forward to some car meets and showing off the R soon. Thrilled with the purchase so far :)

Zach@etektuning

Eurotek!
What's up guys! I've had quite a few imports but this is my first VW. The DSG, interior and overall build is quite stunning for this price segment. It's surprisingly strong as well. This comes from driving a stage 3 Evolution X previously. Does anyone know the turbo that is providing this wonderful boost curve?

I'd love to do some little cosmetic mods in the near future. I'll search around the forum when time permits, but are there some particular front lips, rear spoilers and springs that you guys would recommend? Looking forward to some car meets and showing off the R soon. Thrilled with the purchase so far :)

Congrats on the new Golf .:R!!!

jmlivid

Go Kart Champion
Congrats. That red looks amaze balls. So how does it feel compared to the mitsubishi? Obviously different league (due to the mist tune) but first impressions?

2016_Golf_R

Ready to race!
Thanks guys! I'll check out that lip Rob.

2016_Golf_R

Ready to race!
Congrats. That red looks amaze balls. So how does it feel compared to the mitsubishi? Obviously different league (due to the mist tune) but first impressions?

Yeah we love the red too! It really pops. The Golf R would eat a stock Evo X GSR or STI IMO. It feels like it's putting more power down than the sticker suggests. The power to weight advantage combined with the DSG (against the GSR) give the Golf R an easy win. I'm really impressed with how the power band doesn't fall on its face up top. That's typical with the Evo X or STI till you get a Pro tune.

jmlivid

Go Kart Champion
I can't wait until mine shows up>

2016_Golf_R

Ready to race!
Does anyone recommend a particular brand of springs and a vendor for parts on here? I've went with H&R in the past with my Evo and WRX with great success. I'm looking for the best drop outside of coilovers. Thanks guys!

2016_Golf_R

Ready to race!
Ordered some VWR Sport Springs and the SPULEN Wheel Spacer & Bolt Kit =) Will post up pictures once installed, hopefully next weekend.