GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Golf R Owner

2016_Golf_R

Ready to race!
Hows handling compared to evo x??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't got it to the twisties yet. There's very little that hangs with a Evo X in the corners, but I bet the R would hold its own. It feels nice and planted with very little body roll. I'm excited to see how the DSG compares to the manual when pushing it hard.

My springs and spacer kit came in today so I'll hopefully be dropping it off at my friends shop in the morning...coincidentally the new owner of my Evo X =) Will post up pics once everything is installed.

2016_Golf_R

Ready to race!
Saw a red one yesterday. PERRRRTY! Congrats!

Thanks! I'm a big fan. My first thought was to grab a Blue one, but then saw it in red online and found one 4 hours from us...which sealed the deal =)

AirOnGstring

I would like to know once you take it to the twisties. I had evo 8 and x in the past. Just wanna know some feedback from a previous evo owners. Cause i am considering R for my next car. Thanks.

2016_Golf_R

Ready to race!
I would like to know once you take it to the twisties. I had evo 8 and x in the past. Just wanna know some feedback from a previous evo owners. Cause i am considering R for my next car. Thanks.

I'll give you my thoughts so far. The build quality inside and out is leagues above the Evo X (no surprise there). This is my first Dual clutch (first car without a manual in 10 years) and it's brilliant. I think these are definitely underrated from the factory. Lots of power down low and plenty up top. The DSG keep the turbo spooled so between those lightning fast shifts, brakes are strong (and from what I read fade free) and steering is nice and precise.

I'll let you know on the final verdict once I hit up some fun mountain runs soon. I'm pumped to get my springs and spacers on this week. A drop and wider stance will be just what the doctor ordered :D

AirOnGstring

I'll give you my thoughts so far. The build quality inside and out is leagues above the Evo X (no surprise there). This is my first Dual clutch (first car without a manual in 10 years) and it's brilliant. I think these are definitely underrated from the factory. Lots of power down low and plenty up top. The DSG keep the turbo spooled so between those lightning fast shifts, brakes are strong (and from what I read fade free) and steering is nice and precise.

I'll let you know on the final verdict once I hit up some fun mountain runs soon. I'm pumped to get my springs and spacers on this week. A drop and wider stance will be just what the doctor ordered :D

Thanks man! Congrats to your R!! Give us a review after the mountain run.

weagle1856

Passed Driver's Ed
Congrats!!

Does the 2016 Golf R not come with the Driver Assistance Package or is it included when you get the DCC w/ NAV? I'm not seeing anyone mentioning themselves getting the DAP.

2016_Golf_R

Ready to race!
Thanks man! Congrats to your R!! Give us a review after the mountain run.

Will do! Springs and spacers getting put on today ;)

2016_Golf_R

Ready to race!
Congrats!!

Does the 2016 Golf R not come with the Driver Assistance Package or is it included when you get the DCC w/ NAV? I'm not seeing anyone mentioning themselves getting the DAP.

We got the base model. Not sure on DAP...anybody else have this on your 2016?

2016_Golf_R

Ready to race!
It's still at the shop but my buddy sent me a pic of the car after the VWR Springs and Spullen Spacer Kit. He says it pretty much took all the fender gap out and the spacer kit makes a huge improvement in overall stance. Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow morning! I will get some better pictures this weekend =)

2016_Golf_R

Ready to race!
My springs and spacers are on...what a difference! I barely made it over the entrance lip of my garage though :eek: Drives pretty much like stock, but now it's nice and low, plus the wheels are flush with the fenders :D Next up will be a carbon fiber front lip (should look great against the red).

GGray

Ready to race!
They sure look good in red!!!! Nice!