GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Firestone Indy 500 tire.

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie
Yep. I made that mistake. I got a smoking deal on the 255/35 Indys, but not a huge fan. Very numb steering feel and the grip feels slightly WORSE than the Conti Extremes I had(235s)

Luckily, Firestone does as 30 day try and buy. I'm getting a set of PS4S from Costco for under $800 installed in a few weeks and returning my Indys for a full refund.

Did you buy a 255/35 for the PS4S?

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
New Firestone Indy Racing Rain Tire.

Can I get a set?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Are these tires supposed to come with a left hand set and a right hand set???

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Nope, they're asymmetric, but not directional. So long as they're mounted with the "outside" sidewall facing out, you're good, and they can be cross-rotated if needs be.

DAS_STIG

Banned
I have had mine on for a bit over a week now. No complaints, great tire. Sticks extremely well on cloverleaf on/off ramps. Rides comfortably and without much noise. Great in the rain as well. Steering response is very direct and immediate. Did not even realize how sloppy the all season stock tires were until I drove with the Firehawks.

Going to hit the track next Friday so will report on how it performs in that situation afterward.

erikweber321

Ready to race!
So happy they're continuing the tires. Last year everybody was out of stock, looks like the popularity was to much to pass up!!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Anyone know of any great deals on these right now?

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
These tires have taken such a beating from Pittsburgh potholes and no flats. I did go 235 wide. Even pulled a nail from one with no leaks. 10k miles on mine and still at 4/32nds.

At stage 2 I've only smoked through 1st,2nd once with traction control totally disabled. Otherwise these tires really grab. Chirp from time to time with "starting vibration" disabled, versus spinning when I was on all season DWS

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

joeR6

Wider tire=Faster Corner speed?

Sorry for resurrecting this old thread-
I've had the Indy 500s 225/40R18 on stock Austin's on for about 6k miles now and so far i really like them. I did my first track day about a month ago at MSR Cresson just south of Ft. Worth and i think the tires (and car) performed really well considering i'm completely stock and on summer tires.

I'd like to get a bit more traction from the car as i was spinning on corner exit on some of the tighter turns and i'd like more traction through the corners. - With that said>
I am considering getting Neuspeed RSE10 18x18.5 with 245/40R18 Indy 500s (up from the 225 Indy 500s.) Even though the wheel and tires are wider the weight savings at each corner is 3 lbs.
Do y'all think i'd get more corner speed from this wheel/tire setup compared to what i am using now? Or will it not be noticeable?

I'm only doing 2 (3 at most) track days a year and the car is my DD the rest of the time so i'd like to find a combination of looks, performance, and daily usability.

TLDR - will 245/40R18 Indy 500 on Neuspeed RSE10 18x8.5 (weight savings of 3 lbs each corner) give more corner speed/traction than 225 on stock Austins?