GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New 2021s still arriving at dealers?

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks @bentin -- I love my '21 and am not in the market, but that was fun to mess around with. Glad to see they have a fun color with Pomelo Yellow Metallic. Interesting though that it and a number of other metallic and "solid topcoat" (?) colors are an additional $395.

1636591420464.png

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
I didn't think there was anything that could make the Mk8 GTI uglier.

Then VW went and copied Chev with those reflectors on the fender lip.

Suddenly, Pomelo Yellow Metallic took ALL the oxygen out of the room.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
I didn't think there was anything that could make the Mk8 GTI uglier. Then VW went and copied Chev with those reflectors on the fender lip. Suddenly, Pomelo Yellow Metallic took ALL the oxygen out of the room.

Interestingly, that (indeed weird looking) wheel arch reflector doesn't appear on British versions.

1636765729045.png

CJ_215

Car(s)
2019 VW Golf R
Are new 2021s still being delivered to dealers? Or is what is left what is left? I'm looking for SE or Autobahns with a manual and I'm not seeing many around me at the moment...

Thanks!
I do sales at a dealer in WI. All the 21's that are out there are what's left. Nothing is left unallocated. We're getting our first '22 Autobahn in about a week. It just arrived by rail from the east coast.

VR,
CJ

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
I do sales at a dealer in WI. All the 21's that are out there are what's left. Nothing is left unallocated. We're getting our first '22 Autobahn in about a week. It just arrived by rail from the east coast.

VR,
CJ
Wear a welding helmet when you face the car. It will protect your eyes from the ugly.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
that’s where I’m at. Klii and badgeskins will have vinyl for them pretty quickly I’d imagine.
The painted versions look the best, and most people don't even notice them, I'm glad we're back to getting ROW headlights and hopefully the law change around "smart" lighting will allow at least the Mk8.5 cars to have fully functioning headlights.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
The painted versions look the best, and most people don't even notice them, I'm glad we're back to getting ROW headlights and hopefully the law change around "smart" lighting will allow at least the Mk8.5 cars to have fully functioning headlights.

unlikely to happen but if someone hits you and they’re painted you could be liable since technically it’s a safety feature. Vinyl can be discretely peeled off.