GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New 2021s still arriving at dealers?

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
It's a nutty market and I would not want to be a buyer right now. Hell, I work at a boat dealership and occasionally have to be a salesman and I enjoy that part of it even less with the current market. Our best products are sold out for about a year or even longer in some cases. I've already got a wait list going for 2023 models. Used prices have gone up a ton because there's no in-stock inventory and on top of that dealer cost on new went up a bunch this year. I'm about to list a 27' deckboat I sold to a guy in 2017 for 90k and I think I might start the asking price at $89.9k...I was talking to him today and he mentioned he saw a commercial where they were advertising the 2023 corvette and he had to rewind because he couldn't believe they were already taking orders for it.

It'll be interesting to see if they can keep GTIs and Rs in stock and what the prices will be like. If it's anything like we've been in the boating industry, and it does kinda seem to be mirroring it a bit, prices are gonna be higher and stock will be slim. I'm sure there'll be plenty of people out there willing to pay though. Almost everything we sell these days is through an allocated order slot, hardly anything arrives for stock anymore.

i won’t be replacing if I sell. Only reason I’m considering. Only drove 2000 miles in the r this year so my wife and I can just share her car.

my big concerns are fomo or the market not truly resetting and everything just inflating over the next few years and 40k gtis becoming the norm.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R

7AA90B20-81BD-495A-B27F-B31D127B8585.gif

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
I think the U.S. '21s are all gone now. The last ones in Honolulu have sold I think.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
if they only offer yellow the first year of the mk8 it will be very hard to say no to selling or trading my 2021 if I can get what I paid and then some because I always loved bmw M phoenix yellow. wouldn't give a shit if the gas pedal was touch sensitive, I want a yellow gti!!!

yellow with the red gti accents

Last edited:

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
And we know they're not working on code to add the Sport HMI Performance Monitor to '21s. Despite the promise on my Monroney sticker, after 8 months of ownership, I still don't have it. You bring up a good point -- just what is it that VW IT people work on? :rolleyes:

Stopped by my VW Dealer today and asked about the status of adding the Sport HMI Performance Monitor feature as promised by the Monroney sticker on my '21. They contacted VW Corporate and there's still nothing in the pipeline. If the MK8's coding is different than the MK7.5, us folks with MK7.5s may never see it. Seems that VW would have some sort of legal incentive to provide it, as its a feature that was paid for with a clear expectation of delivery.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Stopped by my VW Dealer today and asked about the status of adding the Sport HMI Performance Monitor feature as promised by the Monroney sticker on my '21. They contacted VW Corporate and there's still nothing in the pipeline. If the MK8's coding is different than the MK7.5, us folks with MK7.5s may never see it. Seems that VW would have some sort of legal incentive to provide it, as its a feature that was paid for with a clear expectation of delivery.

I get the idea that it was advertised and isn’t there. That said, the performance monitor sucks and is basically worthless.