GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Neuspeed RSe10 18"

KO7

Ready to race!
Yeah check out smoothsix's Lapiz R with bronze RSE10s, also in 18x8.5" and same 235/40/18 Michelin PSS tires that I'm gonna get:

jlx21

Passed Driver's Ed
PSS are typically wider than most right?

I also have 18x8.5 and shopping for 235/40/18 tires right now; I just want the tires the be more flush with the wheel though, rather than having the tire overlap.

KO7

Ready to race!
Not sure as I haven't got my tires yet. But smoothsix' R posted above has those exact specs you're looking to get, PSS too. If you're worried about meatier look, you might want to go down to 225 width tire and have some stretch. I personally think 235 will be perfect for 8.5 rim though.

KO7

Ready to race!
What size and width Davey Jones?

Mr.boles

Ready to race!
Just got mine in black I'm thinking of running pss in 245/40-r18 do you guys think that be too meaty looking I just want as much traction as possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davey Jones

Ready to race!
Comparison shopped around and got the best price matched by Jay at FAS Tuning, and my silver RSe10s should be on the way to me tomorrow.

B95zP

Ready to race!
Just got mine in black I'm thinking of running pss in 245/40-r18 do you guys think that be too meaty looking I just want as much traction as possible

I think that is the perfect size, RJRacing runs 225/40's and I love the look.

sidepocket

Passed Driver's Ed
So I'm thinking of going with 18x8.5 +45 with 245/40 tires. The reason is because I track my car occasionally and I would love the extra grip.

So my question is this--should I be worried about rubbing when I'm out on the track? Keep in mind that I'm on a stock suspension. I'm not interested in lowering, but I may get some coilovers for improved handling in the future. I know RJRacing did it, but he also rolled his fenders. That's something I don't really want to do.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Last edited:

Mr.boles

Ready to race!
So I'm thinking of going with 18x8.5 +45 with 245/40 tires. The reason is because I track my car occasionally and I would love the extra grip.

So my question is this--should I be worried about rubbing when I'm out on the track? Keep in mind that I'm on a stock suspension. I'm not interested in lowering, but I may get some coilovers for improved handling in the future. I know RJRacing did it, but he also rolled his fenders. That's something I don't really want to do.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Blue steel has done it he says he only rubs when going over big bumps at highway speed but 95% he's good

Mr.boles

Ready to race!
I think that is the perfect size, RJRacing runs 225/40's and I love the look.

I don't think he does I am pretty sure he runs a 245 or 255 . I ran 225 on my 8.5 VMRs and hated it I don't like the stretched look I just don't wanna look like a monster truck

KO7

Ready to race!
There looks to be so much clearance with 235 tires on 18 x 8.5 that I'd be shocked if 245 tires cause any issues often enough to really be a problem.

B95zP

Ready to race!
I don't think he does I am pretty sure he runs a 245 or 255 . I ran 225 on my 8.5 VMRs and hated it I don't like the stretched look I just don't wanna look like a monster truck

Oops I misstyped he does run 245/40.

sidepocket

Passed Driver's Ed
I went ahead and asked Neuspeed about it and they told me that I may have rubbing issues with 245 width tires, specifically at the track with stock suspension under heavy turning. They suggested a fender mod would probably do the trick, though.

The bottom line is, I'll probably end up with 235's cuz I don't want the headache.