GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Modding FAQ. All Information about modifying Mk7's.

TonWah

Ready to race!
I'll be the guy to bump this. Usually good about using the search but hadn't found this till another member shared the link on another thread.

There's a lot of good info on here. Thanks OP!

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
I'll be the guy to bump this. Usually good about using the search but hadn't found this till another member shared the link on another thread.

There's a lot of good info on here. Thanks OP!

Maybe we can work on getting it stickied. I just read through it and there's a few out of date things that I'll try to updated today.

mwd1676

Hello

So you want to make your slow car fast? Tired of getting passed by V6 minivans? This thread is for you.

Tunes make a TON of power on these cars. Chances are you will eventually need to replace the clutch when tuned; yes, any tune. (Manual Transmission only).

I have a Borla CBE and plan to change the downpipe. If I'm reading/understanding you correctly since I have the DSG, do I NOT need to upgrade my stock clutch after doing a Stage 2 tune? Are manuals the only ones that need to upgrade the stock clutch after a tune?

miked617

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
21 VW GTI
Hello

I have a Borla CBE and plan to change the downpipe. If I'm reading/understanding you correctly since I have the DSG, do I NOT need to upgrade my stock clutch after doing a Stage 2 tune? Are manuals the only ones that need to upgrade the stock clutch after a tune?

Manuals only need to upgrade. DSG is fine at stage 2 levels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chronic

Go Kart Champion
Hello

You should get the stage 2 tcu tune if you are DSG
Depending on who you choose it is very good to pair the motor to tranny for the extra power,shifting points will make it a lot smoother,increased clamping pressure on the clutches to hold the tq

mchladkins34

Passed Driver's Ed
Do you need to tune or change anything with installing a new intake?. I put a neuspeed cai on my 2017 s and the car ran like shit after two days. No power, boost dump etc. no codes though. Weird. Anyone have the same experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Do you need to tune or change anything with installing a new intake?. I put a neuspeed cai on my 2017 s and the car ran like shit after two days. No power, boost dump etc. no codes though. Weird. Anyone have the same experience?

It doesn't need a tune. Check your hoses and make sure the intake is secured properly to the turbo inlet. Odds are you've got a boost or vacuum leak.

mchladkins34

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks!! I’m taking it back to stock and taking it to the dealer on Monday. Have a friend that works there so he’s going to look it over good. Loved the intake sounds before it started acting up.

mchladkins34

Passed Driver's Ed
I’m slightly worried that I’m not going to get enough vacuum for the intake manifold runner flap actuator. Seems to be running well with the stock air cleaner assy. I’ll check back and post what the dealer says/does.

chrismc1000

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 01 WS6
Hoosier are the lightest drag radial and they work very well 275 is as big as anyone needs to go with a proper suspension set up.